“Honor , Family and Villegaso”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Kingdom of Villegaso is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Emperor Eligio II with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 1.871 billion Villegasoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villamonte. The average income tax rate is 45%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Private law firms are unheard of, Villegaso's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, anti-government web sites are springing up, and the government has undertaken a massive education and health program to combat VODAIS. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Villegaso's national animal is the blue parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the pesuro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, the government has undertaken a massive education and health program to combat VODAIS.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, Villegaso's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Villegaso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 7 days ago: Villegaso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 31 days ago: Villegaso published "Faithful" (Bulletin: News).
- 31 days ago: Villegaso voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 40 days ago: Villegaso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, private law firms are unheard of.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.