The Imperial Kingdom of Villegaso is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Emperor Eligio II with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.957 billion Villegasoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirajuse. The average income tax rate is 86.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Villegasoan economy, worth 105 trillion pesoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 35,601 pesoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", and artists are pillars of society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Villegaso's national animal is the blue parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 13 days ago: Villegaso was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 14 days ago: Villegaso's influence in Austritaria rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 18 days ago: Villegaso's influence in Austritaria fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Villegaso, artists are pillars of society.
- 19 days ago: Villegaso relocated from Osiris to Austritaria.
- 19 days ago: Villegaso was refounded in Osiris.
- 21 days ago: Villegaso ceased to exist.
- 57 days ago: Villegaso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 65 days ago: Villegaso fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 65 days ago: Villegaso's influence in Austritaria rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".