The Tropics of Vilita is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Callum Banda XIV with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 24.662 billion Vilitans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alikka-Corra. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Vilitan economy, worth a remarkable 1,211 trillion Tures a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,132 Tures, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vilita's national animal is the Jungle Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 32 days ago: Vilita updated the World Factbook entry in Atlantian Oceania.
- 46 days ago: Vilita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 58 days ago: Vilita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 58 days ago: Vilita updated the World Factbook entry in Atlantian Oceania.
- 63 days ago: Vilita's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 88 days ago: Vilita lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 92 days ago: Vilita lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 92 days ago: Vilita suppressed a post on the Atlantian Oceania regional message board.
- 106 days ago: Vilita fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 109 days ago: Vilita was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.