The Mean and Curmudgeonly Nation of Vile Villans is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Vile Villans with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 23.218 billion Vile Villansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villanosia. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The all-consuming Vile Villansian economy, worth a remarkable 2,338 trillion Pounds a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 100,728 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
The education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vile Villans's national animal is the Kodiak, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Villanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Vile Villans lodged a message on the Gatesville Inc Regional Message Board.
- : Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.