“Grumble Grumble Grumble”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Gatesville Inc
The Gatesville Guard's General of Vile Villans is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 19.727 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villanosia. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, Vile Villans's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vile Villans's national animal is the Kodiak, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Villanism, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 12 days ago: Vile Villans fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Vile Villans's influence in Gatesville Inc rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 35 days ago: Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 35 days ago: Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 40 days ago: Vile Villans was endorsed by The Republic of The New United States.
- 42 days ago: Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 54 days ago: Vile Villans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 59 days ago: Vile Villans voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Eluvatar".
- 59 days ago: Vile Villans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Anti-Cyberterrorism Act "".