“Victoria est Vires”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Empire of Viktorya is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Theodore I with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate population of 1.941 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philipsburg. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism industries.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, most citizens in Viktorya are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, and all news sources are under strict government control. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Viktorya's national animal is the dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the marc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 15 days ago: Viktorya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 17 days ago: Viktorya was refounded.
- 68 days ago: Viktorya ceased to exist.
- 93 days ago: Viktorya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 108 days ago: Viktorya fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 119 days ago: Viktorya was refounded.
- 123 days ago: Viktorya ceased to exist.
- 127 days ago: Viktorya fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 134 days ago: Viktorya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 139 days ago: Viktorya fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.