The Principality of Vesicatrus is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prince Sarı Gözləri with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 8.542 billion Vesicatrusas have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hakluyt. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vesicatrusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,233 trillion saltas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 144,360 saltas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Vesicatrus. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vesicatrus's national animal is the woodchuck, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Seicho-no-Ie.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vesicatrus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Vesicatrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Vesicatrus, shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Vesicatrus.
- : Vesicatrus was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Vesicatrus, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Vesicatrus, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Vesicatrus, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Vesicatrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Vesicatrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Vesicatrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.