“Calling the signals”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Vertox is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 13.317 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 42%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Gambling.
Voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vertox's national animal is the skyscraper, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the gold.
Most Recent Government Activity: 52 days ago
- 29 days ago: Vertox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 31 days ago: Vertox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 52 days ago: Vertox was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 52 days ago: Vertox relocated from Balder to Alaska.
- 52 days ago: Vertox applied to join the World Assembly.
- 52 days ago: Vertox was refounded.
- 66 days ago: Vertox ceased to exist.
- 295 days ago: Vertox fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 362 days ago: Vertox was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 56 days ago: Vertox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
Endorsements Received: None.