The Kingdom of Venutia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Forest Maddox with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.481 billion Venutians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Venutian economy, worth 772 trillion Venutian Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 140,943 Venutian Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 439,244 per year while the poor average 34,748, a ratio of 12.6 to 1.
A The North Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Venutia #1 for number twos, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Venutiana as a backdrop, and government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Venutia endorsed The Intellectual Nation of Techislovakia.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Venutiana as a backdrop.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, a The North Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Venutia #1 for number twos.
- : Venutia was endorsed by The Intellectual Nation of Techislovakia.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
Endorsements Received: 84 » The Undead Union, Praeceps, Plembobria, Kylesburgh, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Notyoutopia, OblivionObliviousness, Selfgradatude, Lord Ravenclaw, Flooforia, EretzIsrael, Alice Gardens, Garden Bast, United Regions of Geographic Masses, The Rossinite Empire, Hudson Valley, Guslantis, Philippedafos, HMS Unicorn, Uhura-Ubuntu, Francovania, Bharathvarsh, Poztopia, DNSD13, Yaorozu, Lionia, Pasargad, Ceretis, Sunto, Chinstralia, Caspiatea, Cheongji, Apetopia, Libera Publica, McMasterdonia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Razzym, Xentherida, Eryri Newydd, Pauline Bonaparte, Khalasar Atthirari, Religioncord, Meritdom, Eyes that do not Lie, Frances Francis the First of France, Fip, Blackshear41, Territorio di Nessuno, Novare Res, Unimaginable Doom, and 34 others.Oakster, Elspeth and Samina, Narandor, Wolfgonia, Farnstopia, Republic of Dixie, Sirisea, Trombone Kingdom, Yeraennus, Zyvetskistaahn, Monkie, Ughseriously, Zifre, Nationalist Fools, Inat, Pacajus, Vantaria, Olbvn, The Galactic Triumvirate, Padraigiana, Mendelian Conglomerate, Nova Constellation, OPArsenal, Anichi, Avelor, Nolandic Territories, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, St Francis Xavier, Islands of unity, Great Bights Mum, Citiva, AdyLand, and Techislovakia.