“Freedom, Democracy and Security”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Venutia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Forest with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate population of 4.114 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Athiesm, and its currency is the Venutian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 4 days ago: Venutia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 4 days ago: Venutia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 5 days ago: Venutia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 7 days ago: Venutia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Dalter.
- 7 days ago: Venutia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 7 days ago: Venutia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Venutia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Venutia, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Venutia, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Venutia, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Grosseschnauzer, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Novare Res, Blackshear41, Espana Japones, Andromeda Islands, Enif, Former English Colony, Calamazo, God n Country n Byron, Pasargad, Democatic Donkeys, Oilgarchy, Esponnise, Mariensbergian Principality, New haven america, Abs123, Avalon, Whereisthatistan, Macworld, McMasterdonia, Emmerian Republic, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Khjagobei, Ator People, El Melbos, Moany Old Gits, Alunya, Framhaven, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, Els Sentra, One Vision, Kitabo, Giancarlo, and Dalter.