The Kingdom of Venutia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Forest Maddox with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, otherworldly petting zoo, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.966 billion Venutians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Venutian economy, worth 900 trillion Venutian Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 150,909 Venutian Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 528,578 per year while the poor average 31,283, a ratio of 16.9 to 1.
Hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings, all guns must be registered, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venutia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, all guns must be registered.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Venutia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Venutiana Times is sold out.
- : Venutia was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Szalowa, Notyoutopia, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Sankami, Yaorozu, Padraigiana, Great Bights Mum, Flooforia, Sunto, GeorgeTheMiner, Meritdom, Plembobria, Sil Dorsett, Everywheristan, Vegetarian States, Holy Oranz, Blackshear41, Inat, Territorio di Nessuno, Wineclaw, Potistan, Shadowrik, American MapleStory, Unimaginable Doom, Guslantis, Atmana, Lord Emmanuel, Free and accepted Masons, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Rumata, Eyes that do not Lie, Xentherida, Ceretis, Nor Bey, Kepler-16b, Pacajus, Libera Publica, Dicko, SchoolHouse Rock, EretzIsrael, Ophlantly, East Wake Island, Vladimirius, JAOECW536, Hannepandia, Imperial Arkania, New Cataria, Sovietzkia, Corsica20, United States of Tennessean, and 24 others.ABC, Casully, Imperial Collective Union, Clarent, Tokenzia, Rhynne-Arden, Cyanos, Thanelandia, Ovsterland, The Mazur Empire, The Neverending Misery, Mew States, Reeba, Malta Comino Gozo, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Boadiccea, Pallaith, HMS Unicorn, Free Culture, Nesseus, Kranimo, Reannia, Lord Ravenclaw, and Roctpor.