The Kingdom of Venutia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Forest Maddox with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 4.906 billion Venutians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.5%.
The all-consuming Venutian economy, worth 497 trillion Venutian Credits a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 101,397 Venutian Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 476,593 per year while the poor average 12,835, a ratio of 37.1 to 1.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, and the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venutia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- : Venutia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Venutiana River.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Venutia endorsed The Free Land of The Libertarian Knighthood.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Zazumo, The Undead Union, Praeceps, Plembobria, Kylesburgh, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Antarticeuropa, Notyoutopia, OblivionObliviousness, Selfgradatude, Mescor, Lord Ravenclaw, Flooforia, EretzIsrael, Alice Gardens, Garden Bast, United Regions of Geographic Masses, The Rossinite Empire, Hudson Valley, Guslantis, Philippedafos, HMS Unicorn, Uhura-Ubuntu, Francovania, Bharathvarsh, Poztopia, DNSD13, Catastropolis, Yaorozu, Lionia, Afreeca, Pasargad, Ceretis, Sunto, Chinstralia, TheGemini, Sergionova, Caspiatea, Xzavia-Hjar, Cheongji, Apetopia, Libera Publica, McMasterdonia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, and The Libertarian Knighthood.