The Kingdom of Venutia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Forest Maddox with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.652 billion Venutians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Venutian economy, worth 826 trillion Venutian Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 146,197 Venutian Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through Prime Minister Forest Maddox's window to draw attention to their issues, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Venutian Space Agency, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venutia was endorsed by The Deluded Hypocrisy of Wisconsota.
- : Venutia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Venutian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through Prime Minister Forest Maddox's window to draw attention to their issues.
- : Venutia endorsed The Federal Republic of Stolichnya.
- : Venutia endorsed The People's Republic of Yalkan.
- : Venutia endorsed The Republic of OnionTenshi.
- : Venutia endorsed The Theocracy of Holy Oranz.
Endorsements Received: 90 » The Undead Union, Praeceps, Plembobria, Kylesburgh, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Notyoutopia, OblivionObliviousness, Selfgradatude, Lord Ravenclaw, Flooforia, EretzIsrael, Garden Bast, United Regions of Geographic Masses, The Rossinite Empire, Hudson Valley, Guslantis, Philippedafos, HMS Unicorn, Uhura-Ubuntu, Francovania, Bharathvarsh, DNSD13, Yaorozu, Lionia, Pasargad, Ceretis, Sunto, Chinstralia, Caspiatea, Cheongji, Apetopia, Libera Publica, McMasterdonia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Xentherida, Eryri Newydd, Pauline Bonaparte, Khalasar Atthirari, Religioncord, Meritdom, Eyes that do not Lie, Frances Francis the First of France, Fip, Blackshear41, Territorio di Nessuno, Novare Res, Unimaginable Doom, Elspeth and Samina, Narandor, Wolfgonia, and 40 others.Farnstopia, Republic of Dixie, Sirisea, Trombone Kingdom, Yeraennus, Zyvetskistaahn, Monkie, Ughseriously, Zifre, Nationalist Fools, Inat, Pacajus, Vantaria, Olbvn, The Galactic Triumvirate, Padraigiana, Nova Constellation, OPArsenal, Anichi, Avelor, Nolandic Territories, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, St Francis Xavier, Islands of unity, Great Bights Mum, Citiva, AdyLand, Ostrekoj, Wilkshire, Sheppey, SillyString, Avalon, Walterwood, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Holy Oranz, OnionTenshi, Yalkan, Stolichnya, and Wisconsota.