The Kingdom of Venutia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Forest Maddox with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.286 billion Venutians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venutiana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The powerhouse Venutian economy, worth 681 trillion Venutian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 128,985 Venutian Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 406,394 per year while the poor average 31,301, a ratio of 13.0 to 1.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venutia's national animal is the 9 Legged Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venutia was endorsed by The Nude People's Republic of Eumbner.
- : Venutia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Venutia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs.
- : Venutia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Narandor.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, the legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system.
- : Following new legislation in Venutia, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
Endorsements Received: 62 » The Undead Union, Praeceps, Plembobria, Kylesburgh, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Notyoutopia, OblivionObliviousness, Selfgradatude, Lord Ravenclaw, Flooforia, EretzIsrael, Alice Gardens, Garden Bast, United Regions of Geographic Masses, The Rossinite Empire, Hudson Valley, Guslantis, Philippedafos, HMS Unicorn, Uhura-Ubuntu, Francovania, Bharathvarsh, Poztopia, DNSD13, Yaorozu, Lionia, Afreeca, Pasargad, Ceretis, Sunto, Chinstralia, Sergionova, Caspiatea, Cheongji, Apetopia, Libera Publica, McMasterdonia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, The Libertarian Knighthood, Razzym, Super Weenie Hut General, Xentherida, Eryri Newydd, Pauline Bonaparte, IndieGirl, Khalasar Atthirari, Religioncord, Lorratia, Meritdom, Eyes that do not Lie, and 12 others.Friemenn, Frances Francis the First of France, Fip, Blackshear41, Territorio di Nessuno, Novare Res, Yalkan, Unimaginable Doom, Oakster, Elspeth and Samina, Narandor, and Eumbner.