“United we embraced our duty & illuminated our destiny”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Futaba Aoi
The Liberal Socialists of Ventei is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Aprilius with a fair hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 16.098 billion Venteians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tau Ceti. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Ventei Blood Tithe, all footpaths have tollbooths, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown. Ventei's national animal is the zodiac, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is None, and its currency is the zenieth.
Ventei is ranked 1st in Futaba Aoi and 15th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 12,050.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 4 days ago: Ventei approved the World Assembly proposal "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Ventei Blood Tithe.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 14 days ago: Ventei voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Hydraulic Fracturing".
- 20 days ago: Ventei was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 20 days ago: Ventei fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.