“United we embraced our duty & illuminated our destiny”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Futaba Aoi
The Liberal Socialists of Ventei is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Aprilius with a fair hand, and renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14.569 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tau Ceti. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, voting is voluntary, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime is totally unknown. Ventei's national animal is the zodiac, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is None, and its currency is the zenieth.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Ventei was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, voting is voluntary.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, the arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Ventei voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, Ventei has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, criminals are executed and their property seized.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, torture is illegal.