The Liberal Socialists of Ventei is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Aprilius with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.968 billion Venteians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tau Ceti. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Venteian economy, worth 411 trillion zenieths a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 22,875 zenieths, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, all weapon research has been banned, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ventei's national animal is the zodiac, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Ventei is ranked 11th in Futaba Aoi and 131,010th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -1,177 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Ventei fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, all weapon research has been banned.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- 4 days ago: Ventei voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 7 days ago: Ventei was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Ventei, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Ventei Blood Tithe.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Steenia.