The Liberal Socialists of Ventei is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Aprilius with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.849 billion Venteians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tau Ceti. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Venteian economy, worth 432 trillion zenieths a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 22,927 zenieths, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military funding has been stripped back, sleazy politicans exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals, torture is illegal, and convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ventei's national animal is the zodiac, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, sleazy politicans exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals.
- : Ventei lodged a message on the A Liberal Haven Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, Ventei's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Ventei voted for the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Ventei was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Ventei, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Steenia.