“United as One Religious Multicultural State”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Theocracy of Venezio is a massive, genial nation, ruled by His Holiness Caliph Francois Abbath with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.578 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Venezio City. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Artists are pillars of society, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, Max Barry is this year's Miss Venezio, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venezio's national animal is the Bald-Headed eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Mixed, and its currency is the Divine Franchesco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Venezio, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Venezio, Max Barry is this year's Miss Venezio.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Venezio, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Venezio, artists are pillars of society.
- 14 days ago: Venezio was endorsed by The Republic of New Capria.
- 21 days ago: Venezio was endorsed by The Heskey Republic of Trollfaceia.
- 36 days ago: Venezio fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 37 days ago: Venezio was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 40 days ago: Venezio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 45 days ago: Venezio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.