The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.677 billion Venetoes enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Venetolandian economy, worth 243 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 19,241 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, Venetoland has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, and all weapon research has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, all weapon research has been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, Venetoland has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, Venetoland's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Venetoland lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Hitokiri.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Pileusia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Aldland, Continental Social Democrats, Fortia, Nova Prussia, Great Pafica, Troltovia, Fortaleza boss, Woschia, Freeser, Bescherelle, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Zuid-Limburgia, Great Briten Ireland France and Benelux, Feux, Polonilandia, Nordicana, Seaton, Tuccistahn, and Hitokiri.