The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and renowned for its digital currency, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.96 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Venetolandian economy, worth 251 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 19,371 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued, and torture is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Venetoland endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Arcovova.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Arcovova.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, the Venetolandian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia.
- : Venetoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Aldland, Fortia, Nova Prussia, Troltovia, Fortaleza boss, Freeser, Bescherelle, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Zuid-Limburgia, Great Briten Ireland France and Benelux, Feux, Polonilandia, Nordicana, Seaton, Tuccistahn, Vesterheim, Imperialist German Empire, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Lesmoland, Druznia, Dacian Freelands, Spagna, Ansington, and 11 others.Dra-conia, Tabouletstan, Vinternia, The Zionward Union, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Chioganah, Hamilton-by-sea, Saudi Canadia, Ivernia, and Arcovova.