The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.09 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Venetolandian economy, worth 228 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 18,916 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, artists are pillars of society, and the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 minutes ago
- 5 hours ago: Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protected Status in Wartime".
- 10 hours ago: Venetoland was endorsed by The Democratic Socialists of Nova Prussia.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Venetoland was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, artists are pillars of society.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Venetoland endorsed The Empire of The Dark Norse.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Venetoland lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Venetoland was endorsed by The Empire of The Dark Norse.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Fauzjhia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Patcharas, Albertinum, Bohomo, Outer Sparta, Prinx, Wombelland, Hamland, Polonilandia, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wartoc, Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, United Dragons, Portuguese Explorers, Estacia, Ligenburg, Aldland, Abrutus Etto, Eufland, Kauderia, Limanie, Arrazane, Continental Social Democrats, and 4 others.Fortia, Celtia Cymru, The Dark Norse, and Nova Prussia.