The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.231 billion Venetoes are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Venetolandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,243 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,268 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, every week is blindness awareness week, and elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-veneto mansions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-veneto mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Compliance Commission".
Endorsements Received: 97 » Alsted, Jenesia, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Fortia, Troltovia, Zuid-Limburgia, Lesmoland, Dacian Freelands, Spagna, Ansington, Vinternia, Woschia, Chioganah, Saudi Canadia, Ivernia, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, Green Counties, Fossekallen, Newmere, Mynox, Stannard, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Eicant, Bearhinoland, AirstripZero, Suvianova, Jamoea, Continental Social Democrats, Mathangiakam, Rahvav, and 47 others.Lovisa, Otterner, Allisonium, GeneralStalin, Umeria, Dassiu, Slavorussia, Kalmara, Union of the north, Freeser, Evka, Puerto Thelosia, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Malo Balo, DGAF No-2, Silvecia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Dark Matter, Myrenia, Alpinovia, Axbridge, Cha0sNation, Stiernmark, Wolvory, Senyerauxia, Husseinsherif, The Global Republic, The Reserved Military, European Commonwalth, Einswenn, An Clar, Sjundea, Nova Terra Pacis, New Wirral, Cherised Lands of Galicia, The Republic of Aqwsa, Wessex and Cornwall, Mordwyn, Kanadika, ArkTech, Romaian, Great Poland and South Lithuania, Makaleauru, Tribes of Europe, and Oena and Sandy Island.