“From each per his ability, to each per his needs”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with an even hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.766 billion Venetoes are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, torture is illegal, and travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the veneto.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- 14 hours ago: Venetoland endorsed The Republic of Albertinum.
- 15 hours ago: Venetoland was endorsed by The Republic of Albertinum.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, torture is illegal.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, voting is voluntary.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Nuweland, Tigyland, Drenetharada, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Beauvoir, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Nova Prutenia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Valrem, Keris, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Ecclestia, Dirz, Pileusia, Veeten Engines, Kazokia, Fauzjhia, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Patcharas, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, Termunus, and Albertinum.