“From each per his ability, to each per his needs”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.035 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, graffiti graces every city's streets, and third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the veneto.
Most Recent Government Activity: 45 minutes ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Venetoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- 2 days ago: Venetoland changed its national demonym to "Veneto".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Venetoland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Venetoland was endorsed by The Republic of Novirod.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Venetoland was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Venetoland, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Voxum Mortalum, Stromia, Malacovia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Nou Occitania, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Nuweland, Tigyland, Drenetharada, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Toongoosia, Ivernia, Beauvoir, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Nova Prutenia, Chiolena, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Jon4de85, Valrem, Keris, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Santamio, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Lothairia, Turukelia, Welsh Valley, Roath Park, Lenis, Icerland, Athos and Byzantium, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Mount Liban, Ecclestia, Dirz, Heusdendaal, Former Ottoman Republic of Ellada, and 9 others.KeagLand, Zavalka, Pileusia, Veeten Engines, Semalia, Pantoufle, Kazokia, Peaceful Plains of Duvtopia, and Novirod.