The Republic of Venetoland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Edward Sheng with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 14.409 billion Venetoes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thomasville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Venetolandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,077 trillion venetoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 144,211 venetoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, nude art is becoming wildly popular, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Venetoland's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Venetoland lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Venetoland endorsed The Federal Republic of Maurelius.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Maurelius.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Venetoland, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Venetoland endorsed The Federation of The New Nordic Union.
- : Venetoland was endorsed by The Federation of The New Nordic Union.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Stromia, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, Tigyland, Valrem, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Fortia, Troltovia, Zuid-Limburgia, Polonilandia, Lesmoland, Dacian Freelands, Spagna, Ansington, Vinternia, The Zionward Union, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Chioganah, Saudi Canadia, Ivernia, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, Green Counties, Fossekallen, MSolandish Empire, Dorsendo, Newmere, Mynox, Stannard, La Jermania, and 37 others.The Lion of Damascus, Republic of the Goat, Huygevoort, Claudiuville, Eicant, Khogeer, Ayasofya, Noscoping, Bearhinoland, AirstripZero, Suvianova, Jamoea, Nova Kraken, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Mathangiakam, Rahvav, Lovisa, Otterner, Cathae, Arlonaise, Allisonium, GeneralStalin, Ahavila, Umeria, Dassiu, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Kalmara, Union of the north, Freeser, Federazione Adriatico Veneta, Evka, Puerto Thelosia, Out of Mind, The New Nordic Union, and Maurelius.