The Galactik Imperium of Velon is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by SQUEE with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 25.298 billion velonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of poopopolis. The average income tax rate is 1.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant velonian economy, worth 436 trillion donut holes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 17,267 donut holes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Velon's national animal is the piggus chunkus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Velon was endorsed by The Federation of Whobidoobi.
- : Velon was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sirisea.
- : Velon was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Tuand Seton.
- : Velon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Velon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Kranimo, Roctpor, Cornieland, Bharathvarsh, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, SillyString, Apetopia, Flashy Light, Kohlsee, Vantaria, Pallaith, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, The Kyziban Islands, Wisconsota, Potistan, Whobidoobi, Lord Ravenclaw, Philippedafos, EretzIsrael, Everywheristan, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Hudson Valley, Sovietzkia, Sphotch, Vladimirius, Cheongji, Nova Constellation, Szalowa, Elspeth and Samina, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Stolichnya, Yellan, Clarent, Ceretis, Xentherida, SchoolHouse Rock, Uhura-Ubuntu, Dassulvdania, MDIland, Reannia, Libera Publica, Sankami, Frances Francis the First of France, Avalon, Kylesburgh, Shadowrik, Kalandra, Territorio di Nessuno, and 41 others.Sirisea, Great Bights Mum, Zombie swarms, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Rumata, Lionia, Eyes that do not Lie, Padraigiana, Guslantis, Vegetarian States, Flooforia, Bourbon-Conde, Unimaginable Doom, Zongzi, Selfgradatude, Republic of Dixie, Adorna, Moormeadow, Sunto, Durrachium, Mew States, Narandor, Plembobria, AdyLand, Lord Emmanuel, OnionTenshi, Glouche, Ophlantly, Yeraennus, Holy Oranz, Tuand Seton, Aulita, Blackshear41, Bayern-Straubing, Kilactic Regeneration, Zyvetskistaahn, Inat, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, SouthParkers, Halcon siveriano, and HMS Unicorn.