The Galactik Imperium of Velon is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by SQUEE with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 25.047 billion velonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Public Transport is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of poopopolis. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant velonian economy, worth 432 trillion donut holes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 17,258 donut holes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
T-shirts displaying a photo of SQUEE performing the Full-Monty are selling out, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, the sanitised and dull music festivals of Velon are famed for their reasonable volume levels, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Velon's national animal is the piggus chunkus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- : Velon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the sanitised and dull music festivals of Velon are famed for their reasonable volume levels.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, t-shirts displaying a photo of SQUEE performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Velon endorsed The Republic of SouthParkers.
- : Velon was endorsed by The Republic of SouthParkers.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Sil Dorsett, Inat, Wilkshire, Flashy Light, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Xentherida, Plembobria, Avalon, AdyLand, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Padraigiana, Unimaginable Doom, Cheongji, Potistan, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Apetopia, Shadowrik, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Vantaria, Sheppey, EretzIsrael, Bharathvarsh, Sunto, Nova Constellation, OnionTenshi, Rumata, Stolichnya, Blackshear41, Kilactic Regeneration, Hudson Valley, Kylesburgh, Ceretis, Philippedafos, Flooforia, Wisconsota, Zyvetskistaahn, Elspeth and Samina, Narandor, Honey if You Please, Yeraennus, Guslantis, Lionia, Selfgradatude, Kalandra, Durrachium, Sankami, and 13 others.Bayern-Straubing, Lord Emmanuel, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Yellan, Entuera, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Ophlantly, SillyString, Vegetarian States, Adorna, Kowley, Religioncord, and SouthParkers.