“hardcore garbage pail kid posse”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Galactik Imperium of Velon is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by SQUEE with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 20.558 billion Velonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of poopopolis. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Velon's national animal is the piggus chunkus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the donut hole.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Velon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Velon was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Velon, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Velon, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Velon, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Velon, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Velon, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Velon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Velon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Velon endorsed The Federation of United Chinese Republics.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Groovistan, Fengate, Herzliyya, Yaorozu, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Felenia, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Espana Japones, Elevation, Agramer, Pasargad, Impenyer, Former English Colony, Eglise Sainte Eve, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Ermarian, Blackshear41, Zzzaaa, God n Country n Byron, Unimaginable Doom, Jefffliu, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Magonia, Esponnise, Pluxlups, Oilgarchy, My Utopian World, Zion-Talmasca, Caish Empire, Renetopia, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Ator People, Calamazo, Macworld, Fourth, Brutobropia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Alunya, Karazan, Framhaven, Rukonia, New Delmarva, Thatchertropolis, and 31 others.Kiwitaicho, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, EretzIsrael, Lunar Felicem, Perihelia, Eumbner, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, Varovanjov, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Lionia, Mingula, Blye, San Martin De Porres, Quasaria, Austro-Hungarian federation, Trygg, Malakeem, Chinstralia, Kialga-Lourti, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Els Sentra, Indonesa, and United Chinese Republics.