The Galactik Imperium of Velon is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by SQUEE with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 24.906 billion velonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of poopopolis. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant velonian economy, worth 428 trillion donut holes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 17,219 donut holes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending billions of taxpayer donut holes to support "struggling" industries, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Velon, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and bicyclists are banned from major roads. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Velon's national animal is the piggus chunkus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velon was endorsed by The Snarky RMB Guardian of Yeraennus.
- : Velon was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Honey if You Please.
- : Velon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Velon.
- : Following new legislation in Velon, the government is spending billions of taxpayer donut holes to support "struggling" industries.
- : Velon endorsed The Federal Republic of Narandor.
- : Velon endorsed The Holy Violet Dragon Clans of Darcania.
- : Velon was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Narandor.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Sil Dorsett, Inat, Wilkshire, Flashy Light, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Xentherida, Plembobria, Avalon, AdyLand, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Padraigiana, Unimaginable Doom, Praeceps, Cheongji, Potistan, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Apetopia, Shadowrik, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Vantaria, Sheppey, EretzIsrael, Bharathvarsh, Sunto, Nova Constellation, OnionTenshi, Rumata, Sankami, Stolichnya, Blackshear41, Kilactic Regeneration, Hudson Valley, Kylesburgh, Ceretis, Philippedafos, Flooforia, Wisconsota, Zyvetskistaahn, Elspeth and Samina, Darcania, Narandor, Honey if You Please, and Yeraennus.