The Five United Kingdoms of Velgast is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by King Oliver Stame of Wintervale I with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, unlimited-speed roads, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 7.253 billion Velgastians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hemelsestad. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Velgastian economy, worth 972 trillion Crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 134,062 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, meat-eating is frowned upon, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velgast's national animal is the Telian Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Old Gods of Carduun.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Velgast was refounded in Balder.
- 13 days ago: Velgast ceased to exist.
- 23 days ago: Velgast was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Velgast was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 26 days ago: Velgast was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 39 days ago: Velgast fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 41 days ago: Following new legislation in Velgast, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Velgast, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Velgast, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Velgast, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.