“If we can smell our leader's fear we need a new leader”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Confederacy of Vargr Corsairs is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Florence Ambrose with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.392 billion Vargr Corsairsians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lair Family Fun Center. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
City sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Fangs of property damage, and torture is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Vargr Corsairs's national animal is the Hamster, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Fang.
Vargr Corsairs is ranked 1st in Firefly and 350th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 1,393 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 56 minutes ago
- 44 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, torture is illegal.
- 44 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Fangs of property damage.
- 44 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, gun ownership is compulsory.
- 4 days ago: Vargr Corsairs was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- 4 days ago: Vargr Corsairs lodged a message on the Firefly Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Vargr Corsairs, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.