The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.556 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,037 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,239 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, and there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Valrem was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Confederacy of Wundaskenael.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 4 days ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 7 days ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 7 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The United Districts of Merviengrad.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Carswellia, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Merviengrad, and Wundaskenael.