The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.036 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 75.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,448 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 120,381 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, punitive tariffs protect local industry, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- : Valrem endorsed The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Grand Principality of Nova Prutenia.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federation of The Fair Republic.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Valrem endorsed The Republic of Bluegoodland.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Tabouletstan, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, Basque Dominion, Vesterheim, Vinternia, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, The Zionward Union, Ansington, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, and Hamilton-by-sea.