The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, state-planned economy, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 13.681 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,888 trillion notes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,055 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, and the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem endorsed The UnOrthodox Church of The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The UnOrthodox Church of The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"".
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federal Republic of The Federation of the Danube.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Basque Dominion, Vinternia, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, Ansington, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, MSolandish Empire, Eicant, Dorsendo, Alpinovia, Newmere, Plaville, Ebin, Pungusglynn, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Angloden, Khogeer, Mynox, East Arc, Nova Prussia, Bearhinoland, Republic of the Goat, and 22 others.Rahvav, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Saint-Didier, Arlonaise, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Abalucia, Templar Republic, Brol, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Blighteria, AirstripZero, Maurelius, DGAF No-2, Silvecia, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, The Federation of the Danube, and The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.