“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 8.516 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, Max Barry is this year's Miss Valrem, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 4 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, Max Barry is this year's Miss Valrem.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 8 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Vest Franksland, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Santamio, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Great British Isles and Ireland, Turukelia, The P, Welsh Valley, Eicant, Slouzie, and Athos and Byzantium.