The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 11.515 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 77.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,101 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,658 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, military funding has been stripped back, and wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Continental Social Democrats, Northern German Federation, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Tuccistahn, Tabouletstan, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, and Bescherelle.