“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.483 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Valrem. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, Max Barry is this year's Miss Valrem.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 10 days ago: Valrem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 10 days ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 11 days ago: Valrem endorsed The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 12 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Mount Liban, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Horreum, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Unicorania, Wintermountain, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, and Novo Portugal.