The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.3 billion Valremians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 2,232 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 156,094 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, euthanasia is legal, and the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Empire of Dassiu.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Slavorussia, Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Vinternia, Bohomo, Novo Portugal, Angloden, DGAF No-2, Stromia, An Clar, Neue Deutsche Republik, Bearhinoland, Fenian Provinces, Templar Republic, Albertinum, Alsted, North of Americas, Agrase, Blighteria, Troltovia, Cha0sNation, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Mordwyn, Northern German Federation, Fossekallen, Eicant, AirstripZero, Imperium Anglorum, New Wirral, Tigyland, Stiernmark, The Greater German Federal Republic, Alpinovia, Plaville, The Republic of Aqwsa, The City-State of Vienna, Romaian, Basque Dominion, Dark Matter, Huygevoort, Nova Prutenia, Continental Social Democrats, Axbridge, Newmere, Mynox, Nova Prussia, Ansington, The Federation of the Danube, Green Counties, Pungusglynn, and 21 others.Silvecia, Allisonium, Outer Sparta, Myrenia, Latogne, The New Nordic Union, The Global Republic, Wombelland, Dacian Freelands, East Arc, The Seven Provinces, The Fair Republic, Charlesia, The Lion of Damascus, Lovisa, Woschia, Dassiu, Lexembourg, Rahvav, Union of the north, and Hirota.