The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 11.135 billion Valremians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Valremian economy, worth 969 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,079 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 110 minutes ago
- 10 hours ago: Valrem endorsed The Empire of The Dark Norse.
- 10 hours ago: Valrem endorsed The Union of Celtia Cymru.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Empire of The Dark Norse.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Union of Celtia Cymru.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Valrem published "Excelsior City's Japantown" (Account: Other).
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- 4 days ago: Valrem fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wartoc, Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Ligenburg, United Dragons, Abrutus Etto, Continental Social Democrats, Northern German Federation, Celtia Cymru, and The Dark Norse.