The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.882 billion Valremians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 78.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,103 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,372 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is voluntary, the internet has been placed under government control, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 94 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Valrem was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the internet has been placed under government control.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, voting is voluntary.
- 5 days ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Valrem endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- 6 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Carswellia, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Pinderia, Wartoc, Satan Bear, Lonely Star Nation, Forgotton Warriors, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Ligenburg, United Dragons, Abrutus Etto, and Continental Social Democrats.