“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.308 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, military funding has been stripped back, and the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Norse German Federation.
- 5 days ago: Valrem endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 5 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ecclestia.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 7 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, military funding has been stripped back.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 11 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 11 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Each-Uisge, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Athos and Byzantium, Mount Liban, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Horreum, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Unicorania, Wintermountain, Ecclestia, and Norse German Federation.