“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.063 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, suicide victims often leave behind cash to cover the cost of their fines, loans are available for students from poor families, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 84 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 2 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 11 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, suicide victims often leave behind cash to cover the cost of their fines.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 4 days ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 5 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
Endorsements Received: 42 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Foucaults garden, Santamio, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Welsh Valley, Athos and Byzantium, Mount Liban, Toongoosia, Zavalka, Pileusia, and Horreum.