“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.689 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, voting is voluntary.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Valrem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 9 days ago: Valrem was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saconian, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, The Kingdom of Germania, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Vest Franksland, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, New Brussland, Foucaults garden, Elborg, Pesaro and Urbino, Sperostet, Santamio, The Seven Provinces, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, and Ancient Dacia.