The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.481 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,495 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,847 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their drivers, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their drivers.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- : Valrem endorsed The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Clean Energy".
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Democracy of Plaville.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Tabouletstan, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, Basque Dominion, Vesterheim, Vinternia, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, The Zionward Union, Ansington, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Hamilton-by-sea, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, MSolandish Empire, Eicant, Eulentul, Imperialist German Empire, and 11 others.Sobluruk, Dorsendo, Bedolla, Alpinovia, Sami Abu Hawash, Alldyn, Newmere, Europiada, Zinoquia, Plaville, and Rahvav.