“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.096 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 60 minutes ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 12 hours ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Valrem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 4 days ago: Valrem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, Santamio, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Welsh Valley, Athos and Byzantium, Mount Liban, Toongoosia, Zavalka, Pileusia, and Horreum.