“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.607 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
CDs are regularly copy-protected, punitive tariffs protect local industry, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Valrem endorsed The Republic of Zeebstein.
- 4 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Republic of Zeebstein.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 5 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, voting is voluntary.
- 7 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
Endorsements Received: 38 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Horreum, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Unicorania, Wintermountain, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, and Zeebstein.