The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.993 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,596 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 122,911 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is known as the cheapskates of Europe, immigrant Bigtopians work themselves to the bone to support gold-plated Valremian pensions, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, and the nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Valrem lost the endorsement of The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lovisa.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, immigrant Bigtopians work themselves to the bone to support gold-plated Valremian pensions.
- : Valrem endorsed The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, Basque Dominion, Vesterheim, Vinternia, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, The Zionward Union, Ansington, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, MSolandish Empire, Eicant, Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, Bedolla, Alpinovia, Sami Abu Hawash, Alldyn, and 28 others.Newmere, Plaville, Koelle, Ebin, Pungusglynn, GijsMr, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Angloden, Khogeer, Mynox, East Arc, Nova Prussia, Paltensia and Bursh, West-Berlin, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Zifre, Allenshire, Rahvav, Lovisa, and Continental Social Democrats.