“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 8.266 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, organ donation is compulsory, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 22 hours ago: Valrem was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, organ donation is compulsory.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 2 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Valrem fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saconian, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Vest Franksland, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Pesaro and Urbino, Santamio, The Seven Provinces, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Fenian Provinces, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Zeckland.