The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.882 billion Valremians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 79.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 2,094 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 150,907 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, the Top 5% for Most Developed, and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration.
- : Valrem was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Alsted, Jenesia, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Basque Dominion, Vinternia, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, Ansington, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, Eicant, Dorsendo, Alpinovia, Newmere, Plaville, Ebin, Pungusglynn, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Angloden, Khogeer, Mynox, East Arc, Nova Prussia, Bearhinoland, Republic of the Goat, Rahvav, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, and 18 others.Saint-Didier, Arlonaise, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Abalucia, Templar Republic, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Blighteria, AirstripZero, Maurelius, DGAF No-2, Silvecia, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, The Federation of the Danube, and The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.