The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 13.309 billion Valremians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 73.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,742 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 130,901 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Un - Holy Flux State Zombie of Cha0sNation.
- : Valrem lost the endorsement of The Un - Holy Flux State Zombie of Cha0sNation.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Valrem endorsed The Republic of Brol.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Republic of Brol.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Vinternia, Outer Sparta, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, The Zionward Union, Ansington, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, MSolandish Empire, Eicant, Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, Alpinovia, Sami Abu Hawash, Newmere, Plaville, Koelle, Ebin, Pungusglynn, GijsMr, La Jermania, and 27 others.The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Angloden, Khogeer, Mynox, East Arc, Nova Prussia, Paltensia and Bursh, West-Berlin, Bearhinoland, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Zifre, Rahvav, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Saint-Didier, Dragao da Luz, Arlonaise, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Abalucia, Templar Republic, Brol, and Cha0sNation.