The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 13.126 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 75.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,628 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 124,074 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eminent domain has been abolished, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Execution"".
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Valrem endorsed The Second Republic of Arlonaise.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Second Republic of Arlonaise.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : Valrem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
Endorsements Received: 76 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Vesterheim, Vinternia, Outer Sparta, Woschia, Dacian Freelands, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, The Zionward Union, Ansington, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, The Fair Republic, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Agrase, Charlesia, North of Americas, MSolandish Empire, Eicant, Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, Alpinovia, Sami Abu Hawash, Alldyn, Newmere, Plaville, Koelle, Ebin, and 26 others.Pungusglynn, GijsMr, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Angloden, Khogeer, Mynox, East Arc, Nova Prussia, Paltensia and Bursh, West-Berlin, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Zifre, Rahvav, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Saint-Didier, Dragao da Luz, and Arlonaise.