“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.399 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Valrem to be bombproof, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Valrem's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Valrem to be bombproof.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- 5 days ago: Valrem endorsed The Democratic Republic of Ecclestia.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Chiolena, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Turukelia, The P, Athos and Byzantium, Mount Liban, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Horreum, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Unicorania, Wintermountain, Ecclestia, and Norse German Federation.