“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.964 billion Valremis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the death penalty has been reintroduced, guns are banned, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, guns are banned.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 5 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Valrem's many privately-owned prisons.
- 17 days ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, The P, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, Fotila, and Albertinum.