“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.789 billion Valremians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 19 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 19 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 4 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Republic of Fotila.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, religious education is a new government priority.
- 5 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Ascara, Beauvoir, Grasaland, Echo von Cotta, Veeten Engines, Nova Prutenia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, The P, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Horreum, Daircoill, Confederate United America, Unicorania, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Zeebstein, and Fotila.