“Vis Unita Fortior”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.211 billion Valremians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Valremian economy, worth 883 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 86,476 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the internet has been placed under government control, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Valrem's border. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 17 hours ago
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, refugees from other nations are flocking to Valrem's border.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the internet has been placed under government control.
- 6 days ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 6 days ago: Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 7 days ago: Valrem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 8 days ago: Valrem published "DSL Now Universal Across Valrem" (Bulletin: News).
- 9 days ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Republic of The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Outer Prussia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, The P, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Carswellia, Prinx, and The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate.