The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.733 billion Valremians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 76.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 1,047 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 97,601 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military funding has been stripped back, Cole Relander's mistress is the belle at many state balls, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 minutes ago
- 6 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Community of Portuguese Explorers.
- 17 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Borderlands of The Lair of the Mothman.
- 18 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Forgotton Warriors.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The United States of Lonely Star Nation.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Protectorate of Satan Bear.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Valrem was endorsed by The Kingdom of Wartoc.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Valrem, Cole Relander's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, The City-State of Vienna, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Carswellia, Prinx, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Polonilandia, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Merviengrad, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Pinderia, Wartoc, Satan Bear, Lonely Star Nation, Forgotton Warriors, The Lair of the Mothman, and Portuguese Explorers.