The Empire of Valorono is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Tsar Abraham with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and triple-decker prams. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 10.873 billion Valoronians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry are also considered important, while Administration and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muscovy. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Valoronian economy, worth a remarkable 1,217 trillion Valmarks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 112,012 Valmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, and polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valorono's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Valoronian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Valorono voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Valorono was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Valorono, polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Selinopolis.