|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Valkyrie Islands is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by a fair government with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.154 billion Valkyrie Islandsians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Falconsburg. The average income tax rate is 44%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is spending billions of taxpayer Crests to support the Book Publishing industry, religious education is a new government priority, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Valkyrie Islands's national animal is the Valkyrian Goldenhorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Crest.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Utmost Tombian Democracy of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum.
- 15 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkyrie Islands, private law firms are unheard of.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkyrie Islands, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkyrie Islands, religious education is a new government priority.
- 17 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Valkyrie Islands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- 40 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Empire of Miketheman.
- 40 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 39 » Former English Colony, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Herzliyya, Selfgradatude, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Brutobropia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Rukonia, Ator People, Olvern, Alunya, Francovania, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, Oilgarchy, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, 007James Bond, Lokarth, Kevaren, Estador, Lionia, Great Bights Mum, and The Democratic Republic of Tomb.