|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Valkyrie Islands is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by a fair government with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.941 billion Valkyrie Islandsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Falconsburg. The average income tax rate is 42%, but much higher for the wealthy. A nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Extreme political groups are outlawed, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and the government is spending billions of taxpayer Crests to support the Book Publishing industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Valkyrie Islands's national animal is the Valkyrian Goldenhorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Crest.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 days ago
- 5 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Empire of Miketheman.
- 5 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 9 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 22 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 22 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 33 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was endorsed by The Republic of Estador.
- 41 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 43 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 48 days ago: Valkyrie Islands endorsed The 80s glam metal Vice Delegate of Abacathea.
- 52 days ago: Valkyrie Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Former English Colony, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Herzliyya, Selfgradatude, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Whereisthatistan, Great Bights Mum, Novare Res, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Everywheristan, Brutobropia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Mel Senshir, Rukonia, Ator People, Olvern, Alunya, Francovania, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, Oilgarchy, Giancarlo, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, 007James Bond, Lokarth, Kevaren, Estador, and Lionia.