“Af ehn, Magyr”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Commonwealth of Valkenstein is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.835 billion Valkensteiners are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
Citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valkenstein's national animal is the Pheonix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Syn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Valkenstein's influence in Zarathustra fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkenstein, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkenstein, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkenstein, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkenstein, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Valkenstein, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 5 days ago: Valkenstein relocated from Balder to Zarathustra.
- 5 days ago: Valkenstein altered its national flag.
- 5 days ago: Valkenstein was refounded in Balder.
- 5 days ago: Valkenstein ceased to exist.