“Serve thy nation, then serve thy Goddess”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Eternal Realm of Valanora is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lady Orome with an even hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.993 billion Vanorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Raynor City. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, only the wealthy can afford monorail fares, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valanora's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Elunism, and its currency is the silver coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 79 minutes ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Valanora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Valanora fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Valanora was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 24 days ago: Valanora changed its national demonym to "Vanorian".
- 24 days ago: Valanora changed its national demonym adjective to "Vanorian".
- 24 days ago: Valanora changed its national demonym to "Vanoroian" and its demonym adjective to "Vanaorian".
- 25 days ago: Valanora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Valanora fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 27 days ago: Valanora fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 39 days ago: Valanora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.