The North Korean founder of V Ming is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Political Commissar Ming with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 7.823 billion Koreans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ming City. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The large but sluggish V Mingian economy, worth 373 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,780 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have never heard foreign radio, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, and elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. V Ming's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is National Liberation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 2 hours ago
- 5 days ago: V Ming fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Pacifist.
- 11 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 15 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 16 days ago: V Ming ejected and banned The Dictatorship of Atomic North Korea from Korean Peoples Army.
- 17 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: V Ming's influence in Korean Peoples Army rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 18 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 19 days ago: V Ming suppressed a post on the Korean Peoples Army regional message board.
- 19 days ago: V Ming ejected and banned The Holy Empire of New Korrea from Korean Peoples Army.