The North Korean founder of V Ming is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Political Commissar Ming with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 7.502 billion Koreans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ming City. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The large but sluggish V Mingian economy, worth 358 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,780 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have never heard foreign radio, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, and elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. V Ming's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is National Liberation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: V Ming's influence in Korean Peoples Army rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: V Ming's influence in Korean Peoples Army rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 6 days ago: V Ming's influence in Korean Peoples Army rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 8 days ago: V Ming's influence in Korean Peoples Army rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 8 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 10 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: V Ming was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.