The Federal Democratic Oligarchy of V E X is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 12.733 billion Vexians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tel Vos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Vexian economy, worth a remarkable 2,984 trillion Zenis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 234,393 Zenis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. V E X's national animal is the Panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : V E X fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : V E X fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : V E X was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : V E X fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in V E X, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : V E X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : V E X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- : V E X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in V E X, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : V E X was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.