“In good we trust.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Benevolent Realm
The Federal Democratic Oligarchy of V E X is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Chairman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.622 billion Vexians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tel Vos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Vexian economy, worth a remarkable 2,739 trillion Zenis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 235,731 Zenis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. V E X's national animal is the Panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
V E X is ranked 1st in The Benevolent Realm and 110,838th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -1,212.3 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 34 days ago: V E X changed its national demonym to "Vexian", its demonym adjective to "Vexian", and its leader to "The Chairman".
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 47 days ago: V E X was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity.
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 59 days ago: V E X changed its national demonym to "Falondian", its demonym adjective to "Falondian", and its nation type to "Federal Democratic Oligarchy".
- 77 days ago: V E X changed its national nation type to "Federal Republic".
- 77 days ago: V E X altered its national flag.
- 89 days ago: V E X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 90 days ago: V E X changed its national nation type to "Dominion".