The Federal Democratic Oligarchy of V E X is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 11.816 billion Vexians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tel Vos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Vexian economy, worth a remarkable 2,761 trillion Zenis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 233,677 Zenis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. V E X's national animal is the Panther, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 106 minutes ago
- 9 days ago: V E X fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 25 days ago: V E X was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 68 days ago: V E X changed its national demonym to "Vexian", its demonym adjective to "Vexian", and its leader to "The Chairman".
- 70 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 81 days ago: V E X was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 81 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity.
- 81 days ago: Following new legislation in V E X, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 93 days ago: V E X changed its national demonym to "Falondian", its demonym adjective to "Falondian", and its nation type to "Federal Democratic Oligarchy".
- 111 days ago: V E X changed its national nation type to "Federal Republic".
- 111 days ago: V E X altered its national flag.