The Federal Republic of UUR is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.31 billion UURians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorium. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The all-consuming UURian economy, worth 535 trillion Xenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 100,780 Xenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, refugees from other nations are flocking to UUR's border, and kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UUR's national animal is the Two Headed Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : UUR relocated from Lazarus to Europeia.
- : UUR was refounded in Lazarus.
- : UUR ceased to exist.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : UUR fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.