The Federal Republic of UUR is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.5 billion UURians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorium. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The all-consuming UURian economy, worth 555 trillion Xenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 100,917 Xenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, refugees from other nations are flocking to UUR's border, and kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UUR's national animal is the Two Headed Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : UUR's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : UUR's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : UUR's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : UUR's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Developed, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Cultured, and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : UUR was refounded in Balder.
- : UUR ceased to exist.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.