The Federal Republic of UUR is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.867 billion UURians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorium. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The all-consuming UURian economy, worth 487 trillion Xenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 100,081 Xenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, refugees from other nations are flocking to UUR's border, and kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UUR's national animal is the Two Headed Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 10 days ago: UUR was endorsed by The Very Itchy Trigger Finger of Kaboomlandia.
- 11 days ago: UUR was endorsed by The Empire of Sri Lankan Caliphate.
- 11 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 19 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 21 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 23 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 24 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 26 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).