“Remember, remember the 5th of November.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of UUR is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, keen interest in outer space, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.365 billion UURians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorium. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The all-consuming UURian economy, worth 428 trillion Xenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 98,106 Xenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UUR's national animal is the Two Headed Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in UUR, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 11 days ago: UUR was refounded in Balder.
- 14 days ago: UUR ceased to exist.
- 19 days ago: UUR fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 20 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 25 days ago: UUR was endorsed by The Beast of Balder of North East Somerset.
- 26 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 39 days ago: UUR was endorsed by The Ancient Nordics Lands of Solorni.
- 41 days ago: UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).