“done gone too far”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Far North
The Queen's State of Utika is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical population of 13.546 billion Utikans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 56%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Trout Farming.
Political activists are routinely executed, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and teenagers are sent to jail for being out too late. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Utika's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 30 days ago: Utika was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 102 days ago: Utika was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 110 days ago: Utika fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 139 days ago: Utika changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 170 days ago: Utika changed its national nation type to "State".
- 170 days ago: Utika altered its national flag.
- 175 days ago: Utika was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 253 days ago: Utika proposed constructing embassies between The Far North and Halifax.
- 253 days ago: Utika agreed to construct embassies between The Far North and Newtownabbey.
- 297 days ago: Utika altered the regional flag of The Far North.