The Queen's State of Utika is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 16.866 billion Utikans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Utikan economy, worth 472 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 28,018 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political activists are routinely executed, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and teenagers are sent to jail for being out too late. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Utika's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Utika voted for The MikesHope Essence of Mikeswill in Round 2 of the election.
- : Utika's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Utika was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality and Most Extreme.
- : Utika's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Utika's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Utika's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Utika relocated from Richard to Ancient Lands.
- : Utika relocated from The Far North to Richard.
- : Utika proposed constructing embassies between The Far North and Mogadishu.
- : Utika altered the regional flag of The Far North.