“done gone too far”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Far North
The Queen's State of Utika is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, cynical population of 13.007 billion Utikans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 52%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Trout Farming.
Political activists are routinely executed, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and teenagers are sent to jail for being out too late. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Utika's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Utika is ranked 1st in the Far North and 100,624th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 13 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 21 hours ago
- 11 days ago: Utika was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Utika fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 48 days ago: Utika changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 79 days ago: Utika changed its national nation type to "State".
- 79 days ago: Utika altered its national flag.
- 84 days ago: Utika was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 162 days ago: Utika proposed constructing embassies between The Far North and Halifax.
- 162 days ago: Utika agreed to construct embassies between The Far North and Newtownabbey.
- 206 days ago: Utika altered the regional flag of The Far North.
- 233 days ago: Utika proposed constructing embassies between The Far North and World.