“Do you really want to play with Sox?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Imperial Legion
The Really BONKERS elite forces of Usual People In Life is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Sox Handler with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 10.45 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mega Sox. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", cheating spouses are required to undergo job training, and students cut up leftover Credits during Arts and Crafts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Usual People In Life's national animal is the Sox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Reality of Sox, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 9 days ago: Usual People In Life fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 11 days ago: Usual People In Life fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 11 days ago: Usual People In Life was endorsed by The Republic of Stalinka.
- 11 days ago: Usual People In Life was endorsed by The Dominion of Brjannsborg.
- 11 days ago: Usual People In Life was endorsed by The Dominion of Caine.
- 11 days ago: Usual People In Life was endorsed by The Dark Side of the Force of Jedi Mind Trick.
- 21 days ago: Usual People In Life was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 23 days ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Slavia"".
- 23 days ago: Usual People In Life voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Strategic Arms Reduction".