“Do you really want to play with Sox?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The Imperial Legion
The Really BONKERS elite forces of Usual People In Life is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Sox Handler with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.435 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mega Sox. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
All telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", and cheating spouses are required to undergo job training. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Usual People In Life's national animal is the Sox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Reality of Sox, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 3 days ago: Usual People In Life fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 5 days ago: Usual People In Life voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 5 days ago: Usual People In Life lodged a message on the The Imperial Legion Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".
- 18 days ago: Usual People In Life voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 18 days ago: Usual People In Life voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 19 days ago: Usual People In Life was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Usual People In Life, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training.