“Peace is wealth”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Pleiades
The Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Divine Majesty the Emperor with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.134 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Konya Urgench or Tabriz. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology industries.
Loans are available for students from poor families, the Urgench Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and notable individuals are granted land and titles. Crime is totally unknown. Urgench's national animal is the Aurochs, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Darang.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Urgench applied to join the World Assembly.
- 12 days ago: Urgench relocated from Osiris to The Pleiades.
- 12 days ago: Urgench was refounded in Osiris.
- 61 days ago: Urgench ceased to exist.
- 67 days ago: Urgench fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 92 days ago: Urgench was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 113 days ago: Urgench was endorsed by The Raving Lunatics of Hulongu.
- 121 days ago: Following new legislation in Urgench, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 121 days ago: Following new legislation in Urgench, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 121 days ago: Following new legislation in Urgench, the Urgench Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament.