The Duchy of Urbino is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.767 billion Urbinoans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urbino. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.0%.
The thriving Urbinoan economy, worth 425 trillion Ducats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 39,484 Ducats, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, military spending is on the increase, Urbino has designated Urbino as its capital city, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Urbino in an international press conference. Crime is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Urbino's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates, Largest Populations, and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Urbino's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Urbino relocated from Balder to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : Urbino altered its national flag.
- : Urbino was refounded in Balder.
- : Urbino ceased to exist.