The Duchy of Urbino is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.687 billion Urbinoans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urbino. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The thriving Urbinoan economy, worth 303 trillion Ducats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 39,489 Ducats, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, military spending is on the increase, Urbino has designated Urbino as its capital city, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Urbino in an international press conference. Crime is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Urbino's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 63 days ago: Urbino altered its national flag.
- 63 days ago: Urbino was refounded in Balder.
- 63 days ago: Urbino ceased to exist.
- 123 days ago: Urbino fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- 274 days ago: Urbino fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 332 days ago: Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 333 days ago: Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 year 25 days ago: Urbino was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 2 years 48 days ago: Urbino altered its national flag.
- 2 years 305 days ago: Urbino fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.