|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Dominion of Upper New Ontario is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Robert the Bruce with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.826 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Jack City. The average income tax rate is 40%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. Upper New Ontario's national animal is the Gordon Setter, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Thaler.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Upper New Ontario fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Upper New Ontario was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Upper New Ontario, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Upper New Ontario to be bombproof.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Upper New Ontario was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Upper New Ontario was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Marexia.
Endorsements Received: 83 (Osea Island, Blogotopia, Tzo, Dustwind, Spadanera, Arkanglia, Pacific Commonwealth, TMershi Duween, Coreras, Achiotopia, Northeast Cape, Ikhlaqistan, Sigsauer and zachary, Voodoo garden, Anollasia, Clarkistan, Solleana, Kokkinostan, Thesan, Western Zweiback, Edgemaster, Walosia, Neo Kingston, Tesla Electricity Nation, Lubnid, Eat_aly, The imperial state of Japan, Moogs World, Earth Federation, Sheldanada, Mooiverwacht, Atlantor Vista, The Republic of Michigan, Arkhane, Kingdom of Simcoe, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, CorruptionLake, Ultio, Holtzburg, Fernessin, Stas Nikitin, Gitchie Manito, Jamestonian Empire, Rex Republic, United Republic of India, United Bobtopia, Vorian, The Republic of the Dragon, Glaciem, Republic of Carl, The Bedlands, I have no idea what I am doing, Imperial Royal Union, Ostroma, Woonsocket, Odwallaland, Glaciacium, The Fried Fritos, Sehkmet, Sonnalta, The Laurentian Islands, Mega, Canes belli, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Venerus, Aquinoland, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, New Ecopia, Klausilvania, Blekksprutia, Zachais, Vilsilvia, Ayunli, Olivia the Pig, Northern Koryeo, Wailfolk, Anime Daisuki, Dreadlands, The Cossack Hetmanate, Splanger, Marexia)