“You Will Not Win because I Will Not Lose!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Second Democratic Republic of United Solidarity is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by general secretary with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate population of 5.859 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Debs Zinn City. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government pours millions of Dano Dollars into rehabilitation programs annually, a government program is underway to revitalize United Solidarity's beaches, procrastination is a national sport, and international tensions are high as United Solidarity threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens. Crime is totally unknown. United Solidarity's national animal is the Puffers cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is agnosticasm, and its currency is the Dano Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 15 hours ago: United Solidarity fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 12 days ago: United Solidarity was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: United Solidarity's influence in Renaissance rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 31 days ago: United Solidarity was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 32 days ago: United Solidarity fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 32 days ago: United Solidarity endorsed The Allied States of The RebiFighters.
- 32 days ago: United Solidarity lodged a message on the Renaissance Regional Message Board.
- 33 days ago: United Solidarity fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 37 days ago: United Solidarity was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- 43 days ago: United Solidarity was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Republic of Ondehrs, infecting 1 million survivors.