“May the sun always shine upon the Dangun.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Confederation of United Gojoseon is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prime Minister Lim with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.59 billion Joseonsaramdeul love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asadal. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Joseonin economy, worth a remarkable 2,738 trillion myeongdojeons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 258,574 myeongdojeons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million myeongdojeons of property damage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Gojoseon's national animal is the Asian black bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 7 hours ago: United Gojoseon was endorsed by The Borderlands of Absuurdistan.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: United Gojoseon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 18 hours ago: United Gojoseon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 2 hours ago: United Gojoseon was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bananaistan.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: United Gojoseon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: United Gojoseon was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 11 days ago: United Gojoseon was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 14 days ago: United Gojoseon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 19 days ago: United Gojoseon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in United Gojoseon, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million myeongdojeons of property damage.