“Life, Health, Strength”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Theological Democracy of United Faiths is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.883 billion United Faithsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Public Transport and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Faiths's national animal is the cuscus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Unconsecrated Eucharist.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: United Faiths created a new poll in Africa: "Should we kick out nations that support zombies during the apocalypse?".
- 62 days ago: United Faiths fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 63 days ago: United Faiths was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 63 days ago: United Faiths fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 65 days ago: United Faiths was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 75 days ago: United Faiths was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 127 days ago: United Faiths granted posting privileges on the Africa Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 141 days ago: United Faiths was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 144 days ago: United Faiths was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 148 days ago: United Faiths fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.