“To Each, Their Own”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by His Grand Ducal Highness Arthur I with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 8.686 billion Doomians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Astor. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products, Unimaginable Doom is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unimaginable Doom's national animal is the hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Gold Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Felenia.
- 5 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Minister of Home Affairs of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, Unimaginable Doom is increasingly belligerent on the international stage.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom endorsed The Ascended Dominion of Dark_Warchief.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom endorsed The Federal Republic of Felenia.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom endorsed The STRONGEST Empire of Gendirt.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Walled Cities of EretzIsrael.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Grosseschnauzer, Blackshear41, Velon, Groovistan, Yaorozu, Elevation, Espana Japones, Jefffliu, Selfgradatude, Agramer, BrightFutures, Novare Res, Ischaemia, Former English Colony, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, Herzliyya, Bothia, Jediahlonia, Mk Steele, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, New hydra and canceron, Oilgarchy, Fengate, Cantalupo, Democratic Republic of England, Macworld, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Calamazo, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Ator People, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, The Teddy, Whereisthatistan, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Bristol C, Tintarios, Kitabo, Abacathea, Thatchertropolis, and 37 others.United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, NabMex, Lionia, Varovanjov, Paulee, Trygg, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Flutiestan, Falapatorius, Indonesa, Kialga-Lourti, Spadanera, Territorio di Nessuno, Orinta, New Brussels, United Chinese Republics, Rukonia, Syrixia, Dutchyland, Sasten, Chinstralia, New Eleria, Isimud, Unified Wessex, Sheldanada, Bacon Kingdom, Separatist Peoples, Scandigrad, Karazan, General COE, Dalies, The Lancerian Empire, Malakeem, EretzIsrael, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, and Felenia.