“To Each, Their Own”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by His Grand Ducal Highness Verus I with an even hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. Its hard-nosed population of 7.115 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chance. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, spies caught in Unimaginable Doom are never heard from again, disaster victims are viewed with disdain, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unimaginable Doom's national animal is the hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Gold Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Free Land of Arcadiom.
- 13 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 14 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, disaster victims are viewed with disdain.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, spies caught in Unimaginable Doom are never heard from again.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, owning a tractor is widely regarded as an essential prerequisite to most government positions.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Empire of Hall Empire.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
Endorsements Received: 77 » Grosseschnauzer, Blackshear41, Velon, Groovistan, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Elevation, Espana Japones, Jefffliu, Selfgradatude, Agramer, BrightFutures, Novare Res, Ischaemia, Former English Colony, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, Herzliyya, Bothia, Jediahlonia, Massarie, New-Magrathea, Mk Steele, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, East Oceania, New hydra and canceron, Oilgarchy, Eglise Sainte Eve, Fengate, Cantalupo, Abs123, Andromeda Islands, Marscuponiland, Enif, My Utopian World, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Democratic Republic of England, Macworld, The Marians, McMasterdonia, Wairos, Mandexia, Karzos, Emmerian Republic, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Prumkom, Renetopia, and 27 others.HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Avalon, Vietanimo, Malinka, Malvad, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Ator People, New Charlzilla, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Khjagobei, Merconitonitopia, Quasaria, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Shogunate, The Teddy, Bump And Grind, Els Sentra, Drasolopia, Whereisthatistan, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, One Vision, Hall Empire, and Arcadiom.