“To Each, Their Own”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by His Grand Ducal Highness Verus I with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.322 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chance. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government is avowedly atheist, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, anti-government web sites are springing up, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Chance. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unimaginable Doom's national animal is the hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Gold Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 2 days ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Chance.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 7 days ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Republic of Nevilodo.
Endorsements Received: 87 (Grosseschnauzer, Blackshear41, Laibach, Velon, Groovistan, Great Bights Mum, Blue Wolf II, Yaorozu, Elevation, Espana Japones, Jefffliu, Eumbner, Selfgradatude, Agramer, BrightFutures, Novare Res, Ischaemia, Former English Colony, The Navy Blue, Jayduck, Markdegrey, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New Arcturus, Everywheristan, Malvad, Kokomo Island, Nove sovetski cyus, Herzliyya, Aldaslavija, Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Bothia, Jediahlonia, Massarie, New-Magrathea, Spikester, Boobaloo, Mk Steele, One Bun, The Wilhelm Union, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Frenulumnia, East Oceania, New hydra and canceron, Oilgarchy, Neosocialists, Eglise Sainte Eve, Kanelands, Fengate, Cantalupo, Abs123, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, Andromeda Islands, Marscuponiland, Scotstan, Enif, Troibroin, Kuusai Island, Insitu, Blue Notropolis, My Utopian World, Jamoouia, Caners, Casal Centeio, Kingdom Of Marvin, Jamie Anumia, Mariensbergian Principality, The Exile within, Dartala, Zimeroth, Danigan, Democratic Republic of England, Deutronesia, Zombiys, TheImpaler, General COE, Holy Scythia, Viarizi, Melcrosia, Jeiji, Avalon, Love Song, Nevilodo, Iwin, McMasterdonia)