“To Each, Their Own”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by His Grand Ducal Highness Verus I with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.356 billion are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chance. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unimaginable Doom's national animal is the hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Gold Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 13 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 13 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Unimaginable Doom, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Unimaginable Doom was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 82 » Grosseschnauzer, Blackshear41, Velon, Groovistan, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Elevation, Espana Japones, Jefffliu, Selfgradatude, Agramer, BrightFutures, Novare Res, Ischaemia, Former English Colony, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, Herzliyya, Bothia, Jediahlonia, Massarie, New-Magrathea, Mk Steele, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, East Oceania, New hydra and canceron, Oilgarchy, Eglise Sainte Eve, Fengate, Cantalupo, Abs123, Andromeda Islands, Marscuponiland, Enif, My Utopian World, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Democratic Republic of England, Macworld, The Marians, McMasterdonia, Wairos, Mandexia, Karzos, Emmerian Republic, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, and 32 others.Zeroxis, Avalon, Vietanimo, Malinka, Ator People, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Khjagobei, Quasaria, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Shogunate, The Teddy, Bump And Grind, Els Sentra, Whereisthatistan, One Vision, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Blaktovia, New Delvia, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, New North Aqmuland, Giancarlo, Erzo, New Ancient Rome, Bristol C, Tintarios, Kitabo, and Temberin.