The Empire of Unicario is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Anastasia VIII with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 12.77 billion Asgardians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hohenberg. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The large but inefficient Asgardian economy, worth 878 trillion Marks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,774 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cars are banned, discarded pennies litter the streets, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unicario's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Germanic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Unicario fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Populations.
- : Unicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Unicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Unicario was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Unicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Unicario was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".