“Der Schein trügt”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: World Region
The Empire of Unicario is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Arianne I von Karling with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 10.364 billion Unicarions have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wulfriksburg. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Bizarre-looking creatures called 'ravendogs' dominate wildlife preserves, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, and the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unicario's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Germanic, and its currency is the Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Unicario changed its national demonym to "Unicarion" and its leader to "Arianne I von Karling".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Unicario lodged a message on the World Region Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Unicario published "The Subjugation of the Mountains (AD 229 - )" (Factbook: History).
- 9 days ago: Unicario published "The 76 Tribes of Valhalla (AD 181 - 229)" (Factbook: History).
- 10 days ago: Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Unicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 10 days ago: Unicario lodged a message on the World Region Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Unicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 24 days ago: Unicario lodged a message on the World Region Regional Message Board.