“Blut ist dicker als Wasser”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Empire of Unicario is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Karoline XII Karling with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.022 billion Asgardians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hohenberg. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Cars are banned, discarded pennies litter the streets, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unicario's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Germanic, and its currency is the Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Unicario published "The Empress" (Factbook: Politics).
- 4 days ago: Unicario changed its national leader to "Karoline XII Karling" and its motto to "Blut ist dicker als Wasser".
- 7 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 7 days ago: Unicario lodged a message on the Soyuznoye Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Unicario, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 12 days ago: Unicario changed its national leader to "Karl XII Karling".
- 12 days ago: Unicario changed its national motto to "Erst denken, dann handeln.".
- 12 days ago: Unicario lodged a message on the Soyuznoye Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".