The Empire of Unicario is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Karoline XIII Karling with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.463 billion Asgardians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hohenberg. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The large but inefficient Asgardian economy, worth 788 trillion Marks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,774 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cars are banned, discarded pennies litter the streets, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unicario's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Germanic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Unicario changed its national leader to "Karoline XIII Karling".
- 7 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 14 days ago: Unicario fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 18 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".
- 19 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 28 days ago: Unicario's influence in Soyuznoye rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 29 days ago: Unicario published "Die Walküren" (Factbook: Military).
- 29 days ago: Unicario altered its national flag.
- 30 days ago: Unicario was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Unicario fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.