The Nihilist Hippy Commune of Ummagumma is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Roger Waters with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.275 billion Ummagummen love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bonny. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ummagumman economy, worth a remarkable 5,953 trillion love beads a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 218,281 love beads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ummagumma's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, artists are pillars of society, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, and only adults may purchase violent video games. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ummagumma's national animal is the far out Pink Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is love.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, artists are pillars of society.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Ummagumma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, Ummagumma's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ummagumma's radio stations.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ummagumma, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks.