“Dieu Et Mon Droit”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Kingdom of Great Britain
The Kingdom of UK is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.921 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A robust private sector is led by the Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming industries.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in UK to be bombproof, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of UK's radio stations, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. UK's national animal is the Lion, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Pound Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 22 hours ago
- 7 days ago: UK's influence in Kingdom of Great Britain rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 10 days ago: UK resigned from the World Assembly.
- 11 days ago: UK's influence in Kingdom of Great Britain rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 14 days ago: UK's influence in Kingdom of Great Britain rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 16 days ago: UK's influence in Kingdom of Great Britain rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 17 days ago: UK voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bears Armed".
- 17 days ago: UK voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Outer Space Act"".
- 17 days ago: UK was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 17 days ago: UK applied to join the World Assembly.
- 19 days ago: UK's influence in Kingdom of Great Britain rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".