The Torched Savannah of Ugg Lands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by that guy hiding under the cupcake-table with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 24.242 billion Ugg Landsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ugg Lands City. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Ugg Landsian economy, worth 662 trillion Uggs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,348 Uggs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the government has legalised small-scale capitalism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ugg Lands's national animal is the Great Crested Ugg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is has been hijacked by dancing ewoks.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ugg Lands lost WA Delegate status in Grand Central.
- : Ugg Lands lost the endorsement of The Always Changing Shapes of Feux.
- : Ugg Lands became WA Delegate of Grand Central.
- : Ugg Lands was endorsed by The Always Changing Shapes of Feux.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Ugg Lands updated the World Factbook entry in Grand Central.
Endorsements Received: None.