The Torched Savannah of Ugg Lands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by that guy hiding under the cupcake-table with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The democratic population of 23.829 billion Ugg Landsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ugg Lands City. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Ugg Landsian economy, worth 644 trillion Uggs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,031 Uggs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the government has legalised small-scale capitalism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ugg Lands's national animal is the Great Crested Ugg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is has been hijacked by dancing ewoks.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
- : Ugg Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Ugg Lands fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ugg Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Ugg Lands was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Ugg Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ugg Lands fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.