The Torched Savannah of Ugg Lands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by that guy hiding under the cupcake-table with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The democratic population of 22.198 billion Ugg Landsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ugg Lands City. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Ugg Landsian economy, worth 648 trillion Uggs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,232 Uggs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the government has legalised small-scale capitalism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ugg Lands's national animal is the Great Crested Ugg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is has been hijacked by dancing ewoks.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 8 days ago: Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 40 days ago: Ugg Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 57 days ago: Ugg Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 72 days ago: Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
- 100 days ago: Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
- 116 days ago: Ugg Lands endorsed Tai-bet.
- 116 days ago: Ugg Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 116 days ago: Ugg Lands lost WA Delegate status in Grand Central.
- 120 days ago: Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
- 121 days ago: Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.