|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Grand Central
The Torched Savannah of Ugg Lands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by that guy hiding under the cupcake-table with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 20.313 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ugg Lands City. The average income tax rate is 74%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the government has legalised small-scale capitalism. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ugg Lands's national animal is the Great Crested Ugg, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is has been hijacked by dancing ewoks, and its currency is the Ugg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 minutes ago
- 5 days ago: Ugg Lands lodged a message on the Grand Central Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Ugg Lands created a new poll in Grand Central: "So how active are you?".
- 24 days ago: Ugg Lands rejected a request from The Illuminati for an embassy with Grand Central.
- 61 days ago: Ugg Lands's influence in Grand Central fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 69 days ago: Ugg Lands's influence in Grand Central rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 91 days ago: Ugg Lands created a new poll in Grand Central: "Stop! Is it poll time?".
- 97 days ago: Ugg Lands endorsed The Zombie of The Will of Fire.
- 97 days ago: Ugg Lands endorsed The Unified Regions of Savedland.
- 99 days ago: Ugg Lands was endorsed by The Unified Regions of Savedland.
- 104 days ago: Ugg Lands was endorsed by The Zombie of The Will of Fire.