The United Socialist Republic of Ucratia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Viktor Kobanovitch Troska with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, anti-smoking policies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.84 billion Ucratians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nogova. The average income tax rate is 12.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ucratian economy, worth 661 trillion Durrutis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 84,312 Durrutis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ucratia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Supreme Being.
Ucratia is ranked 38th in The Internationale and 20,612th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 163 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Ucratia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Ucratia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Ucratia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Ucratia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".