The United Socialist Republic of Ucratia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Viktor Kobanovitch Troska with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.031 billion Ucratians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nogova. The average income tax rate is 84.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ucratian economy, worth a remarkable 1,358 trillion Durrutis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 150,382 Durrutis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, torture is illegal, Ucratia Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ucratia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Supreme Being.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, Ucratia Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- : Ucratia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ucratia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Ucratia relocated from Sanctum to Eurasian Socialist Union.
- : Ucratia relocated from Eurasian Socialist Union to Sanctum.
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Ucratia, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
Endorsements Received: None.