The United Socialist Republic of Ucratia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Viktor Kobanovitch Troska with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.695 billion Ucratians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nogova. The average income tax rate is 12.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ucratian economy, worth 651 trillion Durrutis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 84,696 Durrutis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ucratia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of the Supreme Being.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Ucratia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 9 hours ago: Ucratia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 22 hours ago: Ucratia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, military funding has been stripped back.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ucratia, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Ucratia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 4 days ago: Ucratia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Solent.