“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Progressive Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Adjama Oz with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.358 billion Uchila Eruians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 71 minutes ago
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 5 days ago: Uchila Eru was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 7 days ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 9 days ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, the children of Uchila Eru are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
Endorsements Received: 39 » GabeWorld, Lucanda, Acario, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Panageadom, Chsemo, Noaniah, Red Snapperstein, Tonakistan, Derivative, United Angkoria, FASTERCAT, The United Oman, UNDelegate, Nazerin, Kaputer, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, United Kodiaks, Selimiye, Wokachow, Coldrige, San Duo, Apocolypta, MDRunie, White Finland-, Trucha, Czeckolutania, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, The Sea Cadet Corps, Armanduania, Swaggit Swaggin, and Regoslavia.