“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Liberal Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Adjama Wiseau with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.903 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and abortions are routinely performed in Uchila Eru's hospitals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, abortions are routinely performed in Uchila Eru's hospitals.
- 21 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 21 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Republic of Oranginia.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, the children of Uchila Eru are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- 4 days ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Palla Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 60 » GabeWorld, Gradenk, Lucanda, Plisskenstan, Acario, Roxie Hart, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Aremark, Demonslove, Panageadom, New Cathedra, Manussia, Chsemo, Noaniah, Scientia Major, Red Snapperstein, Napoo, The Lost, Tonakistan, Grey Order, Nationalist Nation, Derivative, The Catholic Bogside, The Empire of Syrrinan, Northeast Cape, China Of Asia, Daviistopia, Lunar Repuplic, Eaglais, Salvatorian, United Angkoria, Singpu, Microsol, San Duo, FASTERCAT, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, The United Oman, Oblesh, Theodoran, UNDelegate, Shadow Afforess, Pilotto, Luthatania, Nazerin, Elganoth, and 10 others.An Agripan Scout, Kaputer, Octal, Quidsperem, Dominaria Zeuth, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Thinkers Town, Shakunik, United Kodiaks, and Oranginia.