“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Liberal Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Adjama Wiseau with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.082 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 4 days ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 4 days ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Archipellago of Lun Noir.
- 4 days ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Whackaland.
- 6 days ago: Uchila Eru voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
Endorsements Received: 69 » GabeWorld, Gradenk, Lucanda, Plisskenstan, Acario, Roxie Hart, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Libertocria, DWAsnia, Aremark, Demonslove, Indian Empire, Panageadom, The Holonet, New Cathedra, Manussia, Blaa Triangle, Chsemo, Noaniah, Scientia Major, Casa Blanca, Orderon, Red Snapperstein, The Democratic Republic of Jin-julong, Napoo, Acsicurezza, The Lost, Tonakistan, Aurora Islands, Grey Order, The Phoenix Union of Phoenixes, Skydiveria, Agripa, United Kodiaks, Camden, Nationalist Nation, Golfisgood, Derivative, The Catholic Bogside, The Empire of Syrrinan, The United Sacks of Brothway, Northeast Cape, Bayorta, China Of Asia, Daviistopia, Zachery Johnson, and 19 others.Invictaria, Lunar Repuplic, Terra opes, Lipsia, The New Hong Kong, Eaglais, Salvatorian, United Angkoria, Singpu, Microsol, Shadow Afforess, San Duo, FASTERCAT, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, Crazium Imperatum, United Teslan States, Whackaland, and Lun Noir.