“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Liberal Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Adjama Oz with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.812 billion Uchila Eruians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Uchila Eru's radio stations, re-education centers are being added to most prisons, and divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Kingdom of Iganite.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Uchila Eru was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: #1).
- 6 days ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets.
- 7 days ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The WA Embassy of DWAsnia.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- 7 days ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Uchila Eru's radio stations.
- 9 days ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
Endorsements Received: 40 » GabeWorld, Gradenk, Lucanda, Acario, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Panageadom, New Cathedra, Chsemo, Noaniah, Red Snapperstein, Tonakistan, Derivative, China Of Asia, Eaglais, United Angkoria, FASTERCAT, The United Oman, Oblesh, UNDelegate, Luthatania, Nazerin, Elganoth, Kaputer, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, United Kodiaks, Oranginia, Libertocria, Selimiye, Wokachow, Coldrige, San Duo, Ausdonia, DWAsnia, and Iganite.