“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Liberal Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Adjama Wiseau with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.879 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Palla Times is sold out. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Palla Times is sold out.
- 11 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 11 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 23 hours ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Republic of United Kodiaks.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Uchila Eru endorsed The Grand Duchy of Acario.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 4 days ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
Endorsements Received: 63 » GabeWorld, Gradenk, Lucanda, Plisskenstan, Acario, Roxie Hart, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Aremark, Demonslove, Panageadom, New Cathedra, Manussia, Chsemo, Noaniah, Scientia Major, Orderon, Red Snapperstein, Napoo, The Lost, Tonakistan, Grey Order, Nationalist Nation, Golfisgood, Derivative, The Catholic Bogside, The Empire of Syrrinan, Northeast Cape, China Of Asia, Daviistopia, Invictaria, Lunar Repuplic, Eaglais, Salvatorian, United Angkoria, Singpu, Microsol, San Duo, FASTERCAT, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, The United Oman, Oblesh, Theodoran, UNDelegate, Shadow Afforess, Pilotto, and 13 others.Tobakinia, Luthatania, Nazerin, Elganoth, An Agripan Scout, Kaputer, Octal, Quidsperem, Dominaria Zeuth, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Thinkers Town, Shakunik, and United Kodiaks.