“The Bells of Freedom Ring”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Liberal Technocracy of Uchila Eru is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Adjama Oz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 10.698 billion Uchila Eruians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palla. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Uchila Eru's national animal is the Tundra Mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Lako.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Uchila Eru voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 5 days ago: Uchila Eru was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, the military has grudgingly released all top secret information in an effort for greater transparency.
- 6 days ago: Uchila Eru was endorsed by The Republic of Ausdonia.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Uchila Eru, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 40 » GabeWorld, Gradenk, Lucanda, Acario, Canterburie, Volkyan, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Burtonia WA Embassy, Demonslove, Panageadom, New Cathedra, Chsemo, Noaniah, Red Snapperstein, Tonakistan, Derivative, China Of Asia, Eaglais, United Angkoria, FASTERCAT, The United Oman, Oblesh, UNDelegate, Luthatania, Nazerin, Elganoth, Kaputer, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, United Kodiaks, Oranginia, DWAsnia, Libertocria, Selimiye, Wokachow, Coldrige, San Duo, and Ausdonia.