The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 18.432 billion Typhootanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 35.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Typhootanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,667 trillion Schlonzzes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,458 Schlonzzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime is well under control. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 1 hour ago
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 4 days ago: Typhootania endorsed The Theocracy of Scorgolia.
- 4 days ago: Typhootania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Typhootania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 7 days ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 8 days ago: Typhootania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.