The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 18.973 billion Typhootanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 28.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Typhootanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,702 trillion Schlonzzes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,709 Schlonzzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Extreme political groups are outlawed, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the government seizes all major gold finds, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime is almost non-existent. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Typhootania was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- 4 days ago: Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 5 days ago: Typhootania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 7 days ago: Typhootania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.