The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 20.055 billion Typhootanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 20.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Typhootanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,809 trillion Schlonzzes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,210 Schlonzzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Schlonzzes of property damage, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is relatively low. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Safeguards".
- : Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Typhootania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Typhootania lodged a message on the Deutschland Regional Message Board.
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Travelling Region".
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".
- : Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Typhootania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Typhootania endorsed The Southern Empire of Patagonien.