“Ich kann allem widerstehen, nur nicht der Versuchung!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 17.282 billion Typhootanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 34%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the government is giving peace a chance, calling out of the blue has become taboo, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Schlonz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Typhootania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 6 days ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 6 days ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, the government is giving peace a chance.
- 9 days ago: Typhootania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 10 days ago: Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 11 days ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".