The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 21.011 billion Typhootanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 22.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Typhootanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,908 trillion Schlonzzes a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,840 Schlonzzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, the government seizes all major gold finds, and disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown. Crime is relatively low. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Typhootania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Typhootania, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Typhootania, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Typhootania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Transfers".
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Dyr Nasad".
- : Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Stopping Suicide Seeds"".