“Ich kann allem widerstehen, nur nicht der Versuchung!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Holy Empire of Typhootania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the holy Emperor with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 16.534 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sankt Caymaningen-Schlonzelsdorf. The average income tax rate is 29%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, school uniforms are compulsory, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Typhootania's national animal is the typhootanian cayman, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Schlonz.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 20 hours ago: Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Typhootania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Typhootania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Typhootania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Typhootania, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.