|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Tuvaro is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.516 billion Tuvaroans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Political activists are routinely executed, Harry Potter books are banned, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tuvaro's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Tuvaro changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 13 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 27 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 30 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout.
- 38 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 53 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 60 days ago: Tuvaro changed its national nation type to "State".
- 60 days ago: Tuvaro altered its national flag.
- 60 days ago: Tuvaro relocated from Osiris to Japvia.