|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The European and African Union
The Republic of Tuvaro is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, cynical population of 1.691 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Political activists are routinely executed, Harry Potter books are banned, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tuvaro's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Tuvaro was ranked #1 in the region for Safest.
- 9 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 18 days ago: Tuvaro relocated from Lazarus to The European and African Union.
- 18 days ago: Tuvaro was refounded in Lazarus.
- 213 days ago: Tuvaro ceased to exist.
- 217 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 222 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.