The Queen's State of Tuvaro is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 4.168 billion Tuvaroans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Tuvaroan economy, worth 50.9 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 12,211 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political activists are routinely executed, Harry Potter books are banned, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tuvaro's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 days ago
- 19 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 36 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 46 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 47 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 49 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 52 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 53 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 58 days ago: Tuvaro fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 65 days ago: Tuvaro was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.