The Retired Guy of Turnopolis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by PoM Raxus Caedus Turn with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 9.471 billion Turnos are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bloodstone. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Turno economy, worth a remarkable 1,601 trillion Universal Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 169,120 Universal Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 992,471 per year while the poor average 13,462, a ratio of 73.7 to 1.
Streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million Universal Credit battlesuits. Crime is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Turnopolis's national animal is the Capitalist, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 2 hours ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Turnopolis lodged a message on the Imperial Clindean Order Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Turnopolis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Turnopolis relocated from Illuminati to Imperial Clindean Order.
- 14 days ago: Turnopolis relocated from Imperial Clindean Order to Illuminati.
- 15 days ago: Turnopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 69 days ago: Turnopolis's influence in Imperial Clindean Order fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 76 days ago: Turnopolis's influence in Imperial Clindean Order rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 180 days ago: Turnopolis lodged a message on the Imperial Clindean Order Regional Message Board.
- 181 days ago: Turnopolis's influence in Imperial Clindean Order rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 182 days ago: Turnopolis lodged a message on the Imperial Clindean Order Regional Message Board.