“Audaces fortuna iuvat”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Democratic Republic of Turis is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Iger with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.272 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashpoint. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turis's national animal is the ris, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Polar Globe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 1 hour ago
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Turis fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 10 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Turis fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 23 days ago: Turis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".
- 35 days ago: Turis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 40 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Turis was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Ferrell.
- 62 days ago: Turis was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".