“Audaces fortuna iuvat”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Democratic Republic of Turis is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Iger with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.825 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashpoint. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and students abandon classrooms for online education. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turis's national animal is the ris, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Polar Globe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 38 days ago: Turis fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 39 days ago: Turis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 45 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 46 days ago: Turis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 47 days ago: Turis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 51 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 64 days ago: Turis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 98 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces.