“Audaces fortuna iuvat”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Democratic Republic of Turis is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Iger with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 13.903 billion Turisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashpoint. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turis's national animal is the ris, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Polar Globe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 17 days ago: Turis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 18 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Turis's influence in Antarctica fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 33 days ago: Turis changed its national leader to "Iger".
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in Turis, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 37 days ago: Turis's influence in Antarctica rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 38 days ago: Turis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).