“Peace through Superior Firepower”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of TurboKill is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Wussles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.816 billion TurboKillians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teidan. The average income tax rate is 49%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TurboKill's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: TurboKill fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 13 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 13 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 23 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 24 days ago: TurboKill fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 25 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 30 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 36 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 39 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.