“Peace through Superior Firepower”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of TurboKill is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wussles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.933 billion TurboKillians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teidan. The average income tax rate is 49%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, and Panda is one of the most popular forenames in TurboKill. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TurboKill's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 19 hours ago: TurboKill fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 19 hours ago: TurboKill fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 5 days ago: TurboKill fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 6 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: TurboKill was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in TurboKill, Panda is one of the most popular forenames in TurboKill.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in TurboKill, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in TurboKill, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- 7 days ago: TurboKill was refounded in Lazarus.
- 80 days ago: TurboKill ceased to exist.