“Peace through Superior Firepower”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of TurboKill is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wussles with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.27 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teidan. The average income tax rate is 33%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TurboKill's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in TurboKill, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 23 hours ago: TurboKill changed its national motto to "Peace through Superior Firepower" and its currency to "dollar".
- 23 hours ago: TurboKill was refounded in Lazarus.
- 240 days ago: TurboKill ceased to exist.
- 242 days ago: TurboKill was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Korihor.
- 247 days ago: TurboKill was endorsed by The Nuclear Democratic Republic of Cierva.
- 249 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 249 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 252 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 257 days ago: TurboKill was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.