The Benign Republic of Tubbsalot is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by a bizarre upright ant with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.966 billion Tubbsalottles hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Formicidia. The average income tax rate is 63.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tubbsalottle economy, worth a remarkable 3,212 trillion snuckles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 214,667 snuckles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, A bizarre upright ant's mistress is the belle at many state balls, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, and the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure. Crime is almost non-existent. Tubbsalot's national animal is the lover of fine art, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Tubbsalot is ranked 108th in the Pacific and 6,023rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 400 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tubbsalot fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- : Tubbsalot fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Tubbsalot fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Tubbsalot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tubbsalot fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.