“For King, Country and Empire”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: New Sorvun
The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah is a gargantuan, devout nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 15.971 billion Tsruhkwahians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Healthcare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A large private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, government policy is dictated by a major religion, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tsruhkwah's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Egabian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 119 minutes ago
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship.
- 13 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 15 days ago: Tsruhkwah's influence in New Sorvun rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 19 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics.
- 26 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".
- 27 days ago: Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Tsruhkwah lodged a message on the New Sorvun Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Riftend".
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, government policy is dictated by a major religion.
Endorsements Received: None.