“For King, Country and Empire”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: New Sorvun
The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah is a gargantuan, devout nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 15.144 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Healthcare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tsruhkwah's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Egabian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 6 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 8 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 8 days ago: Tsruhkwah updated the World Factbook entry in New Sorvun.
- 10 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 12 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 12 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 12 days ago: Tsruhkwah fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.