“For King, Country and Empire”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: New Sorvun
The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed population of 16.133 billion Tsruhkwahians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Healthcare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 31%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Government policy is dictated by a major religion, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tsruhkwah's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Egabian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 16 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 27 days ago: Tsruhkwah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 39 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship.
- 41 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 43 days ago: Tsruhkwah's influence in New Sorvun rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 47 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 51 days ago: Following new legislation in Tsruhkwah, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics.
- 54 days ago: Tsruhkwah voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".
- 55 days ago: Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.