The Imperial Kentish Colony of Tsruhkwah is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 18.116 billion Tsruhkwahians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, although Law & Order and Defense are also considered important, while Healthcare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 83.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tsruhkwahian economy, worth a remarkable 2,279 trillion Egabian Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 125,831 Egabian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Government policy is dictated by a major religion, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tsruhkwah's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is a major religion.
Tsruhkwah is ranked 2nd in New Sorvun and 75,133rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 51 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Tsruhkwah fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Tsruhkwah was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Tsruhkwah fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tsruhkwah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.