“All for Tristan”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Dictatorship of Tristan da King is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 1.665 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of King City. The average income tax rate is 92%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", political activists are routinely executed, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, and the government snoops on private internet connections. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tristan da King's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Tris.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 66 minutes ago: Tristan da King was endorsed by The Democratic State of Steidenland.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, political activists are routinely executed.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Tristan da King voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tristan da King, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Tristan da King endorsed The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Tristan da King endorsed The Republic of Puerto Barrio.
Endorsements Received: 44 (Rithsen, Dustwind, Solleana, Tzo, Edgemaster, Lahuland, Fulheim, Alvisiror, Spadanera, Lubnid, Splanger, Moogs World, Arkhane, Majestrix, The Ninth Dominion, United Croatia Social States, Imperial Royal Union, New Order of the Ages, Sigsauer and zachary, Sheldanada, The Republic of Michigan, Cammiwoo, Rex Republic, Republic of VEW, Lutreis, Ikhlaqistan, Stas Nikitin, Earth Federation, Glaciem, Republic of Carl, I have no idea what I am doing, The Fried Fritos, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Eat_aly, The Laurentian Islands, Canes belli, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Aquinoland, The Imperial Empire of Yorkshire, Shenanigans, Puerto Barrio, Ayunli, Steidenland)