The Starting-up Paradise of Trigania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Burt Widter with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.069 billion Triganians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 78.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Triganian economy, worth 196 trillion Ningis a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,256 Ningis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and bleach is the nation's most common pesticide. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trigania's national animal is the Ravenous Bugblatter, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Trigania is ranked 24th in The Axis of Evil and 130,338th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -270 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Trigania was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 9 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Trigania, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.
- 40 days ago: Following new legislation in Trigania, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 44 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 50 days ago: Trigania's influence in The Axis of Evil fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 53 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 64 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 67 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.