The Starting-up Paradise of Trigania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Burt Widter with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.47 billion Triganians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Triganian economy, worth 199 trillion Ningis a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,272 Ningis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and bleach is the nation's most common pesticide. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trigania's national animal is the Ravenous Bugblatter, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Trigania was endorsed by The Military dictorship of Eastern gangster.
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Trigania's influence in The Axis of Evil rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
Endorsements Received: None.