The Starting-up Paradise of Trigania is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Burt Widter with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.843 billion Triganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 79.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Triganian economy, worth 194 trillion Ningis a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,248 Ningis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trigania's national animal is the Ravenous Bugblatter, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trigania, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 5 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 11 days ago: Trigania's influence in The Axis of Evil fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 14 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 25 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 28 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 33 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 47 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 52 days ago: Trigania fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.