“Strike with the fist, don't tickle with the fingers!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Axis of Evil
The Starting-up Paradise of Trigania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Burt Widter with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.905 billion Triganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trigania's national animal is the Ravenous Bugblatter, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Ningi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 26 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Trigania, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 29 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 32 days ago: Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive (last census: Top 1%).
- 34 days ago: Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 36 days ago: Trigania's influence in The Axis of Evil rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 47 days ago: Trigania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Zombie Nukers of Look at me, curing 37 million infected.
- 47 days ago: Trigania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Zombie Nukers of Look at me, curing 21 million infected.
- 47 days ago: Trigania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Big Yellow Star Capitalists of Moneystan, curing 63 million infected.
Endorsements Received: None.