The Starting-up Paradise of Trigania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Burt Widter with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.245 billion Triganians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Triganian economy, worth 198 trillion Ningis a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,281 Ningis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and bleach is the nation's most common pesticide. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trigania's national animal is the Ravenous Bugblatter, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Trigania was endorsed by The Monarchy dictorship of Eastern gangster.
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Trigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Trigania's influence in The Axis of Evil rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Trigania was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Trigania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Trigania, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.
- : Following new legislation in Trigania, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
Endorsements Received: None.