“Trust, Respect, Truth”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Colony of Tribes Republic is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an iron fist, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central Platform. The average income tax rate is 91%. A small private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The internet has been placed under government control, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse , which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Tribalism, and its currency is the Kum.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Tribes Republic was endorsed by The Rancid Spleen Water of A mean old man.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tribes Republic, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- 4 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 4 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 4 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 4 days ago: Tribes Republic changed its national leader to "Jedidah Tryphosa".
- 7 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".