“Trust, Respect, Truth”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Union of Republics
The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 5.638 billion Tribes Republicians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 92.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Tribes Republician economy, worth 605 trillion Kýms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 107,395 Kýms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Tribalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Tribes Republic was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 6 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 9 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 14 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Debris Accord".
- 20 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend TAO the Watcher".
- 20 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Dance".
- 35 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pauline Bonaparte".
Endorsements Received: None.