The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 5.84 billion Tribes Republicians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 93.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Tribes Republician economy, worth 622 trillion Kýms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,520 Kýms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Tribalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 15 hours ago
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Tribes Republic was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 7 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 9 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 10 days ago: Tribes Republic's influence in Union of Republics fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 11 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 15 days ago: Tribes Republic's influence in Union of Republics rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 15 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- 19 days ago: Tribes Republic was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
Endorsements Received: None.