“Trust, Respect, Truth”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Union of Republics
The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.4 billion Tribes Republicians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 93%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Tribalism, and its currency is the Kým.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 13 days ago: Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Tribes Republic, private law firms are unheard of.
- 13 days ago: Tribes Republic lodged a message on the Brannack Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 19 days ago: Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 25 days ago: Tribes Republic proposed constructing embassies between Union of Republics and Greater Ixnay.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Tribes Republic, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
Endorsements Received: None.