The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 6.799 billion Tribes Republicians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lonoc but the locals call it Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tribes Republician economy, worth 736 trillion Kýms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 108,368 Kýms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Tribalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tribes Republic suppressed a post on the Union of Republics regional message board.
- : Tribes Republic agreed to construct embassies between Union of Republics and Saint Augustine.
- : Tribes Republic agreed to construct embassies between Union of Republics and Time for Britain to leave the EU.
- : Tribes Republic agreed to construct embassies between Union of Republics and Union of Armed Nations.
- : Tribes Republic agreed to construct embassies between Union of Republics and Xanadu.
- : Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "National Economic Liberties".
- : Tribes Republic fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Tribes Republic fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.