“Trust, Respect, Truth”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Union of Republics
The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.11 billion Tribes Republicians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 92%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Tribes Republic's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, and citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Tribalism, and its currency is the Kým.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 5 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 10 days ago: Tribes Republic was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 11 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 13 days ago: Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 16 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 17 days ago: Tribes Republic lodged a message on the Union of Republics Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Tribes Republic was endorsed by The United Federal Republic of Agham.
- 18 days ago: Tribes Republic voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
Endorsements Received: None.