The Colony of Tribes Republic is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Jedidah Tryphosa with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 7.46 billion Tribesmen are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lonoc but the locals call it Diafo City. The average income tax rate is 93.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Tribesmen economy, worth 809 trillion Kýms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,571 Kýms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tribes Republic's national animal is the Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Tribalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Tribes Republic fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Tribes Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Tribes Republic changed its national demonym to "Tribesman", its demonym adjective to "Tribesmen", and its demonym plural to "Tribesmen".
- : Tribes Republic changed its national demonym to "Tribesians" and its demonym plural to "Tribes Republicians".
- : Tribes Republic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Travelling Region".
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Dominion Of Froston.