The Borg Collective of Tresmius is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Borg Queen with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, zero percent divorce rate, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.999 billion Borg are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unicomplex 2. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Borg economy, worth a remarkable 5,529 trillion Nanoprobes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 276,488 Nanoprobes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,840,503 per year while the poor average 15,818, a ratio of 116 to 1.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Nanoprobe battlesuits, women are ordered home to reproduce for the glory of the Borg Collective, and locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Tresmius's national animal is the Picard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Perfection.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Holy Byzantine Eurasian Confederacy.
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".