The Borg Collective of Tresmius is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the Borg Queen with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 18.223 billion Borg are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unicomplex 2. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Borg economy, worth a remarkable 4,987 trillion Nanoprobes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 273,671 Nanoprobes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,849,356 per year while the poor average 14,977, a ratio of 123 to 1.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Nanoprobe battlesuits, women are ordered home to reproduce for the glory of the Borg Collective, and locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Tresmius's national animal is the Picard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Perfection.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Tresmius altered its national flag.
- : Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and National Federation.
- : Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Mphela.
- : Tresmius lodged a message on the Star Trek Regional Message Board.
- : Tresmius changed its national demonym adjective to "Borg" and its demonym plural to "Borg".
- : Following new legislation in Tresmius, locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them.
- : Following new legislation in Tresmius, women are ordered home to reproduce for the glory of the Borg Collective.
- : Tresmius changed its national demonym to "Borg".