“Resistance is futile”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Star Trek
The Borg Collective of Tresmius is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Borg Queen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 17.041 billion Tresmiusians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unicomplex 2. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 56%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate, the Great Tresmius Desert is reputedly the most uninhabitable place in the region, the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Tresmius with a very polite populace, and Tresmius-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tresmius's national animal is the Picard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Perfection, and its currency is the Nanoprobe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 50 days ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 50 days ago: Tresmius relocated from Osiris to Star Trek.
- 50 days ago: Tresmius was refounded in Osiris.
- 91 days ago: Tresmius ceased to exist.
- 115 days ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 115 days ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 119 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Alliance of SHIELD.
- 119 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Dracton reach.
- 119 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and The United Federation of Planets.
- 143 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Yerfilag.