“Resistance is futile”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Star Trek
The Borg Collective of Tresmius is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Borg Queen with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.431 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unicomplex 2. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing.
Drunk drivers are sentenced to death, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Unicomplex 2. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tresmius's national animal is the Picard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Perfection, and its currency is the Nanoprobe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 18 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 20 days ago: Tresmius lodged a message on the Star Trek Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 22 days ago: Tresmius lodged a message on the Star Trek Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 26 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 32 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 37 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Tresmius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- 43 days ago: Tresmius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.