“Resistance is futile”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Star Trek
The Borg Collective of Tresmius is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Borg Queen with an iron fist, and notable for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16.356 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unicomplex 2. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 56%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate, the Great Tresmius Desert is reputedly the most uninhabitable place in the region, the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Tresmius with a very polite populace, and Tresmius-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tresmius's national animal is the Picard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Perfection, and its currency is the Nanoprobe.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 18 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 8 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and The federation of planets.
- 11 days ago: Tresmius proposed constructing embassies between Star Trek and The Realm of Westeros.
- 11 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Starfleet Academy.
- 15 days ago: Tresmius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 days ago: Tresmius published "A sign of things to come..." (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 15 days ago: Tresmius lodged a message on the Star Trek Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Tresmius agreed to construct embassies between Star Trek and Sparthens.
- 19 days ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 22 days ago: Tresmius's influence in Star Trek rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".