The Insatiable Economic Hitmen of Tremalkier is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Khushal Khan with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 27.195 billion Tremalkians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Bunker. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Tremalkierian economy, worth an astonishing 20,606 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is a breathtaking 757,736 Crowns, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,446,718 per year while the poor average 60,317, a ratio of 73.7 to 1.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Tremalkier's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is La´citÚ.
Tremalkier is ranked 8th in Wysteria and 32nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 3,659 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.
- : Tremalkier fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Tremalkier fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Tremalkier, the children of Tremalkier are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Tremalkier was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).