The United Federation of Trektopolis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by trekadam30 with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.639 billion Trekkies love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — is primarily concerned with Education, although Law & Order, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Surak City. The average income tax rate is 96.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Trektopsian economy, worth a remarkable 2,549 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 123,522 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trektopolis's national animal is the targ, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 1 hour ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Trektopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 4 days ago: Trektopolis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- 5 days ago: Trektopolis lodged a message on the United Federation of Planets Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Trektopolis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".