“Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: United Federation of Planets
The United Federation of Trektopolis is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by trekadam30 with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.678 billion Trekkies love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Surak City. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
There is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and cities are engulfed by smog. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trektopolis's national animal is the targ, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, cities are engulfed by smog.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 20 hours ago: Trektopolis lodged a message on the United Federation of Planets Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: Trektopolis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 23 hours ago: Trektopolis was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Stjerne.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Trektopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, Trektopolis has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, loans are available for students from poor families.