The United Federation of Trektopolis is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by trekadam30 with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.49 billion Trekkies are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — is primarily concerned with Education, with Law & Order, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Surak City. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Trektopsian economy, worth a remarkable 2,449 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 119,536 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, the arms industry is strictly regulated, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and tantrum-throwing toddlers are regularly imprisoned on assault charges. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trektopolis's national animal is the targ, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, tantrum-throwing toddlers are regularly imprisoned on assault charges.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Trektopolis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Trektopolis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Trektopolis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Trektopolis, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 5 days ago: Trektopolis lodged a message on the United Federation of Planets Regional Message Board.