|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Trek Anniversary of Trecdom2 is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Roddenberry with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed population of 13.684 billion Trectionians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Education receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SF Command. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and the nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in Texas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trecdom2's national animal is the Tribble, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Star Trek, and its currency is the Latinum.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, the nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in Texas.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Trecdom2 lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Trecdom2 lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Trecdom2 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 4 days ago: Trecdom2 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 9 days ago: Trecdom2 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Trecdom2 changed its national animal to "Tribble", its capital to "SF Command", its currency to "Latinum", its faith to "Star Trek", its leader to "Roddenberry", its motto to "48 Years", and its nation type to "Trek Anniversary".
- 11 days ago: Trecdom2 lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.