|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Trek Anniversary of Trecdom2 is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Roddenberry with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed population of 13.741 billion Trectionians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Education receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SF Command. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Many working fathers have never seen their children, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories, and Trecdom2 is renowned for its lax gun laws. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trecdom2's national animal is the Tribble, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Star Trek, and its currency is the Latinum.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, Trecdom2 is renowned for its lax gun laws.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Trecdom2 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Trecdom2 was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, many working fathers have never seen their children.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Trecdom2 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, organ donation is compulsory.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Trecdom2 lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Trecdom2, the Trecdom2 Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.